Sign in to follow this  
devvo

Rabbit Stopper

Evening.

Im looking for your views on the best rabbiting air rifle :) Be it .177 or .22, gas or whatever, im just wanting to better my current air rifle

and get it a bit better range.

Thanks in advance

:drink: devvo

p.s

my current air rifle .22 cal

Ferreting1001.jpg

Ferreting1002.jpg

its says bsa .22 cal on it but thats it, i also use Field Target Trophy .22 pellets :)

Edited by devvo

Thats a mk1 BSA lightning, good guns let down by a bad trigger.that doesnt stop you bagging a few.

those rabbit stoppers are crap, stick with a good basic spring gun like your lightning

Thats a mk1 BSA lightning, good guns let down by a bad trigger.that doesnt stop you bagging a few.

those rabbit stoppers are crap, stick with a good basic spring gun like your lightning

cheers! i had no idea what it was :p. il stick with her till i can afford a gas one :boxing::victory:

a bsa ultra is a brilliant gun .just got one /cheap/light/12ft pounds standerd power only 270 with sights from uttings :hunter::hunter::hunter::gunsmilie::cheers:

ive heard big things about these, il nip up to my local gun shop and have a gander at one :) cheers mate

nice guns, tiny.

standard silencer is crap, so fit a HW or logun one,

shot count is low 40 in .22 but if you have a bottle handy no big deal.

i `ve a bsa lightning .22 nice wee gun

2 examples - 1 answer:

During basic training, my Falklands-vet section commander answered a simliar question with this: The best rifle is the one you have in your hand when you need it.

Old Japanese Martial Arts Master - I do not fear the thousands of techniques you've practised once, I fear the one technique you've practised thousands of times.

By the looks of things, yours is doing the trick. 'Nuff said?

2 examples - 1 answer:

During basic training, my Falklands-vet section commander answered a simliar question with this: The best rifle is the one you have in your hand when you need it.

Old Japanese Martial Arts Master - I do not fear the thousands of techniques you've practised once, I fear the one technique you've practised thousands of times.

By the looks of things, yours is doing the trick. 'Nuff said?

when you put it like that, its all seems clear! :)

AIR ARMS S410 IN 177 CAL

AIR ARMS FIELD PELLETS

01072007037.jpg

01072007039.jpg

09072007062.jpg

I would go for the air arms s410 or k. They are light, smooth to use feel like they are part of your body when hunting.

IMO, whatever you are used to. I've used the same rifle for 8 years, Falcon FN19 .20. In that time I've bought,then sold again several others but when it came to the crunch they stayed in the cabinet and my old faithful came out! The only exception is for close range ferals when i want low power to avoid damage to buildings. Then i use a little Crosman Ratcatcher. Looks like your doing ok with what you've got!

Good hunting!