Informing Fao Of Intention To Reload

What are you requesting Blaidd du? As stated I'd like to tell them I'm reloading, ask for more ammo allowance and ask for mentor to be removed - would like an open cert too , but guess I should wait before asking.

I figure you are from Wales? What policing department? I'm dyfed-powys.

Yes Mate Dyfed Powys

Get your Mentor to send in a letter assuming he is happy with your gun safety etc

They will then want a letter from you explaining exactly what you did during your mentoring

Providing they are satisfied with everything they will want your licence sent to them to remove the restriction.

Interestingly enough there is no limit on my new licence on amount I can purchase providing I don't go over my store limit.

Got mine back last Friday

Can only praise the service from Dyfed Powys Firearms.

The restriction was that you had a mentor

it doesn't say you can't reload as long as you don't load rounds that take you over your store limit.

I load my own .223 no one ever told me I was not allowed to.

I load for both Target shooting and Hunting otherwise it could get very expensive but also you get to know what load suits your rifle.

How much should I ask for the expanding ammo be put up to? Currently its to buy 40 and hold 100 - it was so low as I was told because of the price I would not need to buy lots at once. Is it acceptable to ask for 450 and explain that this would enable me to have different weights and different types e.g 100 hollow point 55gr, 100 ballistic tip 40gr, 100 ballistic 55gr (for example) and enable me to hold a selection of 'live' whole bullets.

Thanks for the advice guys

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They make it up as they go along.

What the hell do they know about your financial situation and since when was it any reason to restrict ammo holding anyway?

Ask for whatever you can justify. :thumbs:

I can see it now

FEO to new applicant.............It's coming up to Christmas so money will be tight, tell you what I'll only give you a 20 round allocation to keep your costs down! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

So, for example if I wanted 55gr hollow point/ 50gr ballistic tip and 55gr ballistic tip (bullet heads only). They come in boxes of 100 - therefore I could justify buying say 100 at a time, or 150 if i wanted some factory ammo at the same time

And be able to hold ??? how many would be justifiable??? 400?? because expanding heads are classed as 'live'??

In real life I may only reload 20 of 50gr ballistics before deciding my gun doesn't like that weight. Which would leave me with the 80 remaining bullets to be passed on/sold.

Is selling them even allowed? Me selling surplus heads to someone else?

All the above is on the assumption of having 0 in my possession at the time

Thanks

Once you start reloading mate you won't want to buy factory stuff.

I have great pleasure in getting 1/2"-1" groups at 100yds with ammo I have reloaded.

I use the weights of heads that I had free when I bought the rifle and if it aint broke don't fix it but then Not every rifle is the same

I would say 300 to store is ample to store.

Just send a letter in and ask.

Thats queer Deker i have been reloading expanding ammo now for about 6 years and not once have the various places I've bought my bullet heads from put them on my ticket…i have always been asked to see my ticket..

i can buy 500 and hold 600 for my 223 and also for my 243..

AS far as bullet heads for target shooting i can hold as many as i want they do not count till they are made up,,,,,,but with expanding heads then the bullet heads count towards your total allotment..made up or not

For got to mention i have just had my tickets renewed and the feo looked at the amount of ammo on the back to my fac there was only .22 and .17HMR and he just asked do you reload your own C/F and i said yes is there a problem he said no everything is OK..

Edited by Hawkeye 1

Thats queer Deker i have been reloading expanding ammo now for about 6 years and not once have the various places I've bought my bullet heads from put them on my ticket…i have always been asked to see my ticket..

i can buy 500 and hold 600 for my 223 and also for my 243..

AS far as bullet heads for target shooting i can hold as many as i want they do not count till they are made up,,,,,,but with expanding heads then the bullet heads count towards your total allotment..made up or not

For got to mention i have just had my tickets renewed and the feo looked at the amount of ammo on the back to my fac there was only .22 and .17HMR and he just asked do you reload your own C/F and i said yes is there a problem he said no everything is OK..

:thumbs: As they count to your allocation they should be on your FAC!

A-Max doesn't count (the fact it expands is neither here nor there, it is classed as target not expanding), and, for all I know a few other target bullets, with similar features may not count either.

Expanding bullets do as far as I'm aware and should be on FAC.

I'll hold my hands up to not being an expert here as I don't reload, but I do buy the stuff and indeed hold bullets for others when they need some extra storage capacity, the expanding go on ticket. :thumbs: