Info On Droppers

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone on here use pointer/spanial cross im getting back into shooting and hav been offered a dropper pup it was an accidental mating but both parents are excellent workers im looking for info on how they work and wat good points and bad points they hav cheers

Had one years ago but not for shooting.He worked as part of a pack we used as i would call it for open hunting.Dog would work from morning until night,could be headstrong but had massive drive.

What they are like as a shooting dog im not sure but this particular dog killed birds regularly enough but i would say with the right discipline you would not go far wrong.I was sorry at the time when i got him i did not get two as i was offered a pair.Dog worked cover like a train and if there was game there rest assured it would find it.

Had this dog for 14 years till his death.

does anyone on here use pointer/spanial cross im getting back into shooting and hav been offered a dropper pup it was an accidental mating but both parents are excellent workers im looking for info on how they work and wat good points and bad points they hav cheers

Had one years ago but not for shooting.He worked as part of a pack we used as i would call it for open hunting.Dog would work from morning until night,could be headstrong but had massive drive.

What they are like as a shooting dog im not sure but this particular dog killed birds regularly enough but i would say with the right discipline you would not go far wrong.I was sorry at the time when i got him i did not get two as i was offered a pair.Dog worked cover like a train and if there was game there rest assured it would find it.

"Killed birds regular enough"..??????

"Killed birds regular enough"..??????

As stated this dog was not kept for shooting but was implying in the post that though i used him as part of a pack with teagles,lurchers etc this particular dog would pull a bird out of cover hence showing he had drive for birds.Obviously the OP does not want a gundog killing but the specimen of this breeding i had would find game all day for you.

It was fur i wanted him for not feather but if he put a pheasant in the pot how bad.

• 3 years later...