Lurcher Bitch Free To Good Home

Seems a tad unfair on the bitch to me being rehomed at such age ...fairytale endings where a retired couple take on a rescue lurcher and it lives out the rest of it's days cosey by the fire are few and far between imo ...so i agree with hotmeat ...make space at home if she means so much to you ..or do the right thing by her ? I wouldnt offer her up free of charge on here where she could end up anywhere ... Atb though and good luck

• Like 7

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make space or cull, she is your responsibility.....

Too many pricks on this site, hope you find a good home her   Atb

Seems a tad unfair on the bitch to me being rehomed at such age ...fairytale endings where a retired couple take on a rescue lurcher and it lives out the rest of it's days cosey by the fire are few an

Boo hooo hooo :cray: lol

What a prick

That comment wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the child who said I shouldn't be allowed to post, but seeing as we are being honest with each other, I'd much rather be a prick than a spineless spoilt little bratt that gives a dog to strangers because I ain't man enough to deal with my responsibilities.... be honest, I bet your wife has said no more pups till this one gone.... put your foot down Ffs, poor mutt gave you 6 years or so, first problem and you'll boot it to kerb for a replacement Ffs, it's Cnuts like you that give us a bad name, I'll say it again....MAN UP... cull or make space you spoilt little Pratt...

• Like 1

I would get it spayed pal..

Next thing that bitch and a litter will be for sale preloved :victory:

I rehomed bitch with friends..

If it had to go to the cat and dog home or strangers I would rather PTS..

• Like 2

There are some really good retirement homes for lurchers, but they are very few and far between, and a lot depends on the dog's temperament and attitude in general. I found the best home in the world for two of mine, where they are treated like royalty, have their every need catered for, and even get to run a few things for fun every now and again. But they do have very good 'family dog' type temperaments, which not all ex-working dogs do, especially if they've never been broken to pets and livestock: sadly, there seem to be more and more of these as the 'lurcher pool' overflows.

I would have to trust someone with my own life before I let them have a dog of mine.

• Like 4

Spoilt I've worked hard for everything I've got which isn't a lot lol but i think you need to calm down and stop being a hard man behind your computer screen, let me worry about the welfare of the bitch you taking it abit to far with the comments

Who is trying to act hard here? You started name calling from the comfort of your own house, I'm probs one of the softest folk I know when it comes to dogs, that's why I said make space, that's what I'd do, and if I couldn't then I'd cull. If been on this site a long time, seen dogs like yours past about, bred off or dumped more than once, look at rescue centres Ffs, lurcher link being prime example... If you can't keep a dog that's give you it's all for best part of its life then you shouldn't have dogs imo, and deffo shouldn't be working them.. this is an open forum, you chose to put a thread up and anybody with any views can comment, if you don't like it I suggest one of the many puppy peddler sites where nobody can comment... until then tho I'll have my say, like it or lump it I couldn't care less... culling a dog isn't acting hard, it's being a realist, I'd cull but I'd also try my hardest to make space first, if you'd come on here saying you knew somebody that would rehome a retired dog I'd a said well done, but offering it to strangers so you can get another is a good way of passing on your problems, not dealing with it. So is it me or you that's acting hard, I'm saying I'd do anything to repay my retired mutt with a decent home for life, your passing on a dog you've had since it was weaned to a stranger, that's pretty hard hearted from where I'm sitting.... now go and grow up and next time get a hobby where you can swap an change tools easily. I hear golf is not too bad

Edited by Hot Meat
  • Like 7

There are some really good retirement homes for lurchers, but they are very few and far between, and a lot depends on the dog's temperament and attitude in general. I found the best home in the world for two of mine, where they are treated like royalty, have their every need catered for, and even get to run a few things for fun every now and again. But they do have very good 'family dog' type temperaments, which not all ex-working dogs do, especially if they've never been broken to pets and livestock: sadly, there seem to be more and more of these as the 'lurcher pool' overflows.

I would have to trust someone with my own life before I let them have a dog of mine.

That's true skycat they are few and far between but they do come up I've seen it happen now they living the life of luxury, the bitch has an excellent temp good with kids livestock everything bar cats..if I had me time over I wouldn't have even started this thread lol never mind

Spoilt I've worked hard for everything I've got which isn't a lot lol but i think you need to calm down and stop being a hard man behind your computer screen, let me worry about the welfare of the bitch you taking it abit to far with the comments

Who is trying to act hard here? You started name calling from the comfort of your own house, I'm probs one of the softest folk I know when it comes to dogs, that's why I said make space, that's what I'd do, and if I couldn't then I'd cull. If been on this site a long time, seen dogs like yours past about, bred off or dumped more than once, look at rescue centres Ffs, lurcher link being prime example... If you can't keep a dog that's give you it's all for best part of its life then you shouldn't have dogs imo, and deffo shouldn't be working them.. this is an open forum, you chose to put a thread up and anybody with any views can comment, if you don't like it I suggest one of the many puppy peddler sites where nobody can comment... until then tho I'll have my say, like it or lump it I couldn't care less... culling a dog isn't acting hard, it's being a realist, I'd cull but I'd also try my hardest to make space first, if you'd come on here saying you knew somebody that would rehome a retired dog I'd a said well done, but offering it to strangers so you can get another is a good way of passing on your problems, not dealing with it. So is it me or you that's acting hard, I'm saying I'd do anything to repay my retired mutt with a decent home for life, your passing on a dog you've had since it was weaned to a stranger, that's pretty hard hearted from where I'm sitting.... now go and grow up and next time get a hobby where you can swap an change tools easily. I hear golf is not too bad

Go Dotty Go!

Cheers, D.

That's true skycat they are few and far between but they do come up I've seen it happen now they living the life of luxury, the bitch has an excellent temp good with kids livestock everything bar cats..if I had me time over I wouldn't have even started this thread lol never mind

Hey all said and done, good may come from this pal.

All the best

i hope you find the good home she deserves but if a dog has given me years of sport / good service then i make room as i at least owe them that a place in front of the fire seeing there days out but i agree with hotmeat unless you know and really trust them i would rather cull than think they could end up being ill treated if things are not working out or used as a pup machine to many idiots good luck with the rehoming

This is actually quite sad to read, I cant imagine giving away a loyal companion after 6 yrs together due to injury, I understand you don't have much space but unless you have half a dozen dogs I cant see the problem in letting this dog spend the rest of its life by the fire , lurchers aren't exactly hyper 100mph dogs!! I do understand some people can only have one dog and in that case the injured dog would be the dog I would be keeping even if it meant going out with mates dogs mooching, I wouldn't advertise a dog free to good home anywhere on the net ever, if I had to get rid of the dog It would have to be to someone I knew very well and trusted, poor dog I hope she finds a decent loving home and has a good life that she deserves, I don't class a dog of 6yrs an old dog, and culling is out of the question unless it has any aggression or an injury that is extremely severe. good luck in finding a home deserving of this dog

• Like 2