Went Out This Morning

Bluebell h

It Woz a lovely frosty morning bell Woz 2.1.7 so me and the son inlaw Woz of to bolt sum rabbits for her ! I'll be totally honest we got 4 rabbits but not by bell she followed on perfect but showed no interest in rabbits at all we were on a railway bank loads of cover we must of bolted 20 od rabbits I had 3 Purse nets in my pocket so we just carried on bolted 3 into the nets and dug 1 ! Trying again tomorrow with her ! Need to find sum open sets tho ! Atb lee

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Milo I've been out with dogs ferrets for the last 25 years and I'm a big beleaver in animals have in off days I saw a lads dog of hear catch 100 plus rabbits in a night ! And a thought the next day th

Ok mate, you could have fooled me lol

Milo there's a big hotel at scotch corner park your moter in the car park walk round the bak and check the sets out next time ur up that way ! Well I finished work today rushed home and took bell for

It Woz a lovely frosty morning bell Woz 2.1.7 so me and the son inlaw Woz of to bolt sum rabbits for her ! I'll be totally honest we got 4 rabbits but not by bell she followed on perfect but showed no interest in rabbits at all we were on a railway bank loads of cover we must of bolted 20 od rabbits I had 3 Purse nets in my pocket so we just carried on bolted 3 into the nets and dug 1 ! Trying again tomorrow with her ! Need to find sum open sets tho ! Atb lee

At least youve managed to get out, absolutely pouring it down here

Cracking day in Derbyshire fella to good to go home and the sun is still shineing ain't got a clue [BANNED TEXT] Woz up with bell ? There Woz a hard frost don't no if she Woz cold in the night ? But I won't packing in cause she won't playing like I said followed great but half hearted flys

Tamping down here we had to cancel so managed to get some crimbo shopping done keep her off my back,weather looks good for tomorrow here so I'll be trying my luck first thing,only just saying to one of my neighbours how slow this season is this time last year I'm sure I had about 7-8 kills under the hawks this season so far 2 ! Terrible start this season.

Does you female take at that weight normally bbh ?

Edited by milo

I do believe every hawk/dog/ferret can have a day off,I've seen some very good lurchers have a day/night that's we knew it wasn't like them,give them a days rest and and away to go again,it does happen...good luck for next time bbh

Milo I've been out with dogs ferrets for the last 25 years and I'm a big beleaver in animals have in off days I saw a lads dog of hear catch 100 plus rabbits in a night ! And a thought the next day that dog wood be knackerd it Woz still catching ferreted rabbits the next morning that lad new his dog Woz fine we learn all the time fella ! Any way took bell out this morning she Woz a different bird all together did everything bar catch hit hitting fences [BANNED TEXT] missing the lot cracking day tho ! I shud be at work tomorrow but I can see a sick day coming of ill get her back out tomorrow she's had a rabbits head to eat so she shud be fine atb lee

• Like 1

Great stuff buddy,tried Sasha at a much higher weight this morning she caught a ferreted bunny but couldn't hold on and it was tight to a fence by the time I get to to her the rabbit managed to pull through and get and away,I'll probably be back out tomorrow mid morning myself....good luck on you sick day tomorrow bbh:-)

Who did the 100?

That's an incredible achievement for a dog in one night, when I used to go on the lurcher forums a few years ago it would come up every now and then and the possibility of it debated.

If you've seen a dog take 100 rabbits single handed you've seen something very few if anybody else has seen.For it to have gone ferreting the next day blows my mind.

What lurcher cross was it? Has the night been wrote about on here or elsewhere or did you get a picture?

Edited by pointer

Who did the 100?

That's an incredible achievement for a dog in one night, when I used to go on the lurcher forums a few years ago it would come up every now and then and the possibility of it debated.

If you've seen a dog take 100 rabbits single handed you've seen something very few if anybody else has seen.For it to have gone ferreting the next day blows my mind.

What lurcher cross was it? Has the night been wrote about on here or elsewhere or did you get a picture?

its been done a few times on here take a look back and you find them :thumbs:

Went local mate,rained but not too bad then I was called into work at midday,so I'm now writing this in travel lodge in scotch corner....

I'll definatly be back out either tomorrow afternoon or first thing wed morning for sure.