Ok so my grand voyager was cramping my style, I didn't want a rangie or ml so I decided on the X5... 4.4 v8!

What a machine! A ton is no effort and so smooth

I only do soft roading rather than off roading nowadays so as long as I can drive across a wet meadow or dry field I'm ok.

Now all I need to worry about is the cost of tyres (rears are the same size as on a Ferrari 315/35/20!)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I run my own business so I cannot over pay myself as my earnings are directly proportional to how hard I work. I would wager your a disgruntled worker bee in a menial job because either you have

Funny isnt it how folks trot out the bullshite it gets you from a to b and its a drug dealers car etc ive been lucky to have driven some amazing cars from lambos, Ferrari to a brand new r8 last week a

jealous?

Posted Images

You'd struggle to find a AT tire to fit those big wheels but there are plenty of after market wheels you could get for the X5 that will allow you to fit AT's. As well as under body protection. They are surprisingly good off road if sorted properly. Just need to do a bit of research.

• Like 1

if you can afford the fuel to do a ton in one of those things and then worry about the cost of tyres then you are either overpaid or a posing dick :hmm:

Well I run my own business so I cannot over pay myself as my earnings are directly proportional to how hard I work. I would wager your a disgruntled worker bee in a menial job because either you have no ambition or are too thick to do anything else.

I suppose that makes me a posing dick... I can live with that. But can you live with being a whinging pussy?

• Like 12

You'd struggle to find a AT tire to fit those big wheels but there are plenty of after market wheels you could get for the X5 that will allow you to fit AT's. As well as under body protection. They are surprisingly good off road if sorted properly. Just need to do a bit of research.

Constructive help... Thank you

good luck mate, I bought a audi Q7 4.2 diesel

everything costs a fortune, it was £400 just to tax it

and I don't miss the trip to the forecourt

kept it 2yrs sold it, lost a fecking fortune on it, never again

bought her a Passat estate 2.0 tdi (just in case I needed to get the dogs in)

and myself an ex postie van £60 to fill it and get 450 miles to a tank

happy days

good luck mate, I bought a audi Q7 4.2 diesel

everything costs a fortune, it was £400 just to tax it

and I don't miss the trip to the forecourt

kept it 2yrs sold it, lost a fecking fortune on it, never again

bought her a Passat estate 2.0 tdi (just in case I needed to get the dogs in)

and myself an ex postie van £60 to fill it and get 450 miles to a tank

happy days

my dad went for the Q7 and sais the exact same as you.

With that much rubber on the road and that much weight it's no surprise it grips well. Gonna treat it to a tank of super and see how it likes that!

Huge tank though! Reg unleaded was just under £110!

Think of petrol to me as booze/fags is to other people, I bet I still spend less per month on the difference between this and a boring car!

Hmm

Personally, I could afford a car like this with no issue, but they really strike me as cock extensions, I would rather run 3 cars that do the job they say they will.

Piles of shite if I was pushed for an opinion.

Nobody who is properly into the game turns up in a car like that. Drug dealers motor,

• Like 2

if you can afford the fuel to do a ton in one of those things and then worry about the cost of tyres then you are either overpaid or a posing dick :hmm:

Well I run my own business so I cannot over pay myself as my earnings are directly proportional to how hard I work. I would wager your a disgruntled worker bee in a menial job because either you have no ambition or are too thick to do anything else.

I suppose that makes me a posing dick... I can live with that. But can you live with being a whinging pussy?

probably driven more moneys worth of motors than you can even think of mate, just have woken up to the fact that no matter how much is spent on it it does the same job of getting you from a to b as any other motor, you just came across to me as a braggin twit who likes to boast, if you take offence at that, then thats your problem, not mine :feck:

Funny isnt it how folks trot out the bullshite it gets you from a to b and its a drug dealers car etc ive been lucky to have driven some amazing cars from lambos, Ferrari to a brand new r8 last week and i regularly chauffeur the boss in his x5, yes they all do the same thing but f**k me I Iong to have one or even all of them on my drive so I say fair play mate I hope you enjoy owning and driving it.

• Like 4

probably driven more moneys worth of motors than you can even think of mate, just have woken up to the fact that no matter how much is spent on it it does the same job of getting you from a to b as any other motor, you just came across to me as a braggin twit who likes to boast, if you take offence at that, then thats your problem, not mine :feck:

I doubt you have driven more money in metal than I can think of, bearing in mind my line of work!

If I wanted to brag I would talk about the various Aston matins, Porsches...you name it, I have regular access to, not an x5

Jog on...

Funny isnt it how folks trot out the bullshite it gets you from a to b and its a drug dealers car etc ive been lucky to have driven some amazing cars from lambos, Ferrari to a brand new r8 last week and i regularly chauffeur the boss in his x5, yes they all do the same thing but f**k me I Iong to have one or even all of them on my drive so I say fair play mate I hope you enjoy owning and driving it.

Thank you!

Funny also how I can be lambasted for spending 'excessive' money on fuel, perhaps £30/week extra but no one will bat an eye at someone spending the same on beer or fags? Why not just buy cheap tesco value beer, drink enough and it does the same thing, gets you pissed. But a nice tasting more expensive beer is nicer experience, same driving a nicer more expensive (and perhaps thirstier) car, again a nicer experience! Now just to wind up the haters the next tank full will be super unleaded :)

Edited by Chr15j