Best Boots With No Budget....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody knows what the best of anything is. Only what is the best in their experience or opinion. The consensus of opinion is a choice of Meindl, lowa, and Altberg. After that I think it's down to what

I've had haix tibet for nearly 2 years. they have been worn for at least 12 hours a day for 5 days a week for 9 months of the year. I average 13 km a day in boots. in that time they have never let me

Lundhags, Swedish hand made boots, great boots.

Posted Images

Goodstuff, about time the lads got a bit of quality

Thats the way we feel mate... sick of the shiite cardboard g10's...

Lads were using the jungles for tabs...wet/cold weather etc.... because the g10's are so crap...

Which is shocking... them jungles have NO padding... and a mesh side....so let water in....

About time they got some decent footwear for uk training...

what sort of money if you don,t mind me asking

Looking at around the 150 mark...

Theres shiitloads cheapish on ebay.

• 4 weeks later...

Note to everyone, steer well clear of aigle stuff. Bought my first pair, they weren't waterproof and fell apart in about 9 months. Got I n touch with them and had the second pair for about 4 months and they started to seep water too. After a load of bull. excuses, they basically said that they don't warranty boots that are a gesture of good will. Couldn't be less helpful. Just a warninf!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pair of the chameau mouflon plus .

Great comfy boots,but the sole came away after a season

Maybe due to the way I took them off but I would spend my money else where in future

Edited by roybo

The ones that are still intact...until they burst :laugh:

Ive had so many different pairs, I honestly think you get good and bad in all of them, ive had boots that last 2 seasons and get replacements that last 2 months :icon_eek: sometimes your luck of the draw imo

Ive had so many different pairs, I honestly think you get good and bad in all of them, ive had boots that last 2 seasons and get replacements that last 2 months :icon_eek: sometimes your luck of the draw imo

Ive tried a good few different boots too mate, i like the chainsaw boots to dig in but way to heavy for me to do any walking! :laugh: Ive had danner boots last couple seasons and to be honest they aint much lighter! Think ill probably go for lowa or meindl for next season

Ive tried a good few different boots too mate, i like the chainsaw boots to dig in but way to heavy for me to do any walking! :laugh: Ive had danner boots last couple seasons and to be honest they aint much lighter! Think ill probably go for lowa or meindl for next season

I've had harkila for the last 2 winters........ & done some digging with them recently over here......& they've been great

• Like 1

Accip you must be digging for worms every man whos stepped foot in harkilas say theyre shaite. Use the pro hunter trousers and coat but boots are apparently not upto it

The boots I've got are still waterproof, comftable & warm...... That's all I need.......not long in this country & not long back involved with digging........I'll let you know when there fcuked.....

Bought a pair of Harkila 2 years ago. Very comfy and good support. However they leaked after 12 months of moderate use. Bought a pair of Haix Tibet before Xmas. Worn them through the entire wet winter. 7 days a week for at least 6 hours a day. On wet boggy land to rough fell and forestry. Needed little breaking in and no hot spots. Very supportive and not let any any water in. Very breathable and even in warmer weather no sweaty feet. Cleaned once a week and dried daily. Early days but look very promising. Kept my out of wellies for all but the shortest of trips

Edited by trenchfoot