Best Boots With No Budget....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody knows what the best of anything is. Only what is the best in their experience or opinion. The consensus of opinion is a choice of Meindl, lowa, and Altberg. After that I think it's down to what

I've had haix tibet for nearly 2 years. they have been worn for at least 12 hours a day for 5 days a week for 9 months of the year. I average 13 km a day in boots. in that time they have never let me

Lundhags, Swedish hand made boots, great boots.

Posted Images

Get to sports direct and get a pair of karrimor over the ankle type... Buy two pairs actually

In black , clean then every time you get them out and they will last minimum three years

When the sole wears out, bin them and open the second pair up, do the same...

6 years of wear and tear till they bust.....for eighty quid...

Couldn't agree more Stiffy, i'm gonna be in the market soon and the thought of £200+ sickens me... I put my bro on to Altberg's for his hill walking as he's a label slave and he loved the thought of made to measure... Me i just wreck em so i really had a look at the Karrimor in S.D.

Bloody hell! Some cracking boots there for the money and thats where i'm going next.

;)

Scarpa's

What type of scarpas though they range from trainers to boots that you would go up mount everest in. Ive had a pair if the scarpa mantas they were ok but took forever to break in they have no flex in them at all. I got given a pair to review i cant remeber what model of scarpa they were but i only wore them once and hated them i had blisters the size of walnuts after wearing them for a day.

Scarpa's

What type of scarpas though they range from trainers to boots that you would go up mount everest in. Ive had a pair if the scarpa mantas they were ok but took forever to break in they have no flex in them at all. I got given a pair to review i cant remeber what model of scarpa they were but i only wore them once and hated them i had blisters the size of walnuts after wearing them for a day.

Mantas, I've got two mates who have them,one regularly walks the dales and lakes 2 times a week, the other does regular trips to Skye and other ridiculously nice places that I can only dream of going!!! They have had them for years and still going strong. But expensive as hell, not in my budget, but if money is no object....

Scarpa's

Mantas, I've got two mates who have them,one regularly walks the dales and lakes 2 times a week, the other does regular trips to Skye and other ridiculously nice places that I can only dream of going!!! They have had them for years and still going strong. But expensive as hell, not in my budget, but if money is no object....

Dont get me wrong i did like the mantas but they dont have a touch on the lowas i got. I dont think there that expensive if your wearing them everyday and get a lot of use out of them but you do need to look after them properly. I got about 4 years out of my mantas before i decide to change them so it only works out at £50 a year wich i dont think is to bad but i wear mine a lot for work and doing a lot of fell gathering in the lakes.

Scarpa's

Dont get me wrong i did like the mantas but they dont have a touch on the lowas i got. I dont think there that expensive if your wearing them everyday and get a lot of use out of them but you do need to look after them properly. I got about 4 years out of my mantas before i decide to change them so it only works out at £50 a year wich i dont think is to bad but i wear mine a lot for work and doing a lot of fell gathering in the lakes.

I don't think I know anyone or have experience myself of lowas so I can't comment, only heard good things about Scarpa's until now lol, blistering is not something you should have to put up with in a worn in boot, shame that. What material were your test scarpas? Leather?

Maybe they just needed a good break in, not defending scarpa's but leather boots in general take a real long time to break in, giving a good soak in water then a good walk sorts em out and moulds em to your foot shape a lot quicker, textile ones don't really get that problem

Get to sports direct and get a pair of karrimor over the ankle type... Buy two pairs actually

In black , clean then every time you get them out and they will last minimum three years

Couldn't agree more Stiffy, i'm gonna be in the market soon and the thought of £200+ sickens me... I put my bro on to Altberg's for his hill walking as he's a label slave and he loved the thought of made to measure... Me i just wreck em so i really had a look at the Karrimor in S.D.

Bloody hell! Some cracking boots there for the money and thats where i'm going next.

;)

I got a pair of Altbergs on ebay with plenty of wear left in them, already broken in and cost me £45 and very comfortable. Just look at the thread on the heels and make sure the boots for sale are the actual pair in advertising pic. So then you only wrecking £45 and probably getting 2/3 of the wear out of them, if you find a good pair.

Bloody hell! Some cracking boots there for the money and thats where i'm going next

;)

dont do it mate karrmor boots out of sports direct r absolute rubbish bought a pair for work and I never even got three months out of them pure shit man honestly and I work inside mate to they never really got exposed to the elements both the soles came right off the bottom of them
  • Like 2