Another Tradgedy,

another nail in the coffin, this will be used to bolster up the dangerous dogs act meaning more death to dogs deemed to be dangerous. 18 people have now been killed by dogs since 2005, however thousands and thousands are killed in car accidents each year but there is no move in government to ban the car, this was tragic and all the facts still need to come out, anyone who chooses to rehome dogs rather than pts needs to think seriously as to whether its the correct choice as ultimately that decision may well cost some unfortunate kiddy their life

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It might not be in line with the thinking of much of todays dogooding soft society but i really cant see why dog rehoming centres even exist !.......is there a shortage of dogs or something ?.....If a

Whatever the breed, any dog can turn. What it usually boils down to is education - or lack thereof - about dogs in general and children in particular.   The number of times I've read/heard people s

How Could You?" Copyright Jim Willis 2001 When I was a puppy, I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh. You called me your child, and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple o

I remember visiting a friend who recently had a baby with an old dog I had. They had lurchers as well. Their baby was in her cot, I was sitting on the settee, dog sitting at my feet. The baby let out a cry, my dog instantly rose to his feet, ears up, head cocked. This dog was as placid as you like, had been around kids but never a baby and I think he thought it was a hare crying. He'd done a few Pre ban but it brought home to me how you just don't know what goes through their head and can't leave them alone with kids for a second.

• Like 1

totally agree suzy you got to get into the dogs head and read him as much as possible, ive been out with a mastiff today and yet again the looks ive got today lol i suppose you cant blame them for being a tad worried

Edited by bracken boy

so how much trouble is the owner in then? would it not be easier for rescues and law saying certain breeds from rescues not to rehomed with children or a total proper housecheck which i bet was not done.

Most rescues are pretty thorough and extremely cautious about where they rehome dogs, it is surprising anyone would think a 10 stone mastiff would thrive with a four year old in a flat, with someone clearly not able to physically control it if they had to. But more than that, they should have had the dog for a few months putting it through a variety of situations to assess its temperament, I can't believe a dog that would not only bite but go for the kill wouldn't show any signs of aggression if it was tested properly.

• Like 1

another nail in the coffin, this will be used to bolster up the dangerous dogs act meaning more death to dogs deemed to be dangerous. 18 people have now been killed by dogs since 2005, however thousands and thousands are killed in car accidents each year but there is no move in government to ban the car, this was tragic and all the facts still need to come out, anyone who chooses to rehome dogs rather than pts needs to think seriously as to whether its the correct choice as ultimately that decision may well cost some unfortunate kiddy their life

Like I wrote before,it's people treating dogs like humans IMO.

A lot of owners would not destroy a dog even if it seemed vey likely an accident like this would happen one day,I'd bet there were some sort of signs the dog was unstable.

The rescues are just as bad because they facilitate the irresponsible c**ts.

dare .... what experience have you had with this breed personally??

and as ive already said shouldn't be left with children big strong dogs with there own mind any dog can turn at anytime

Haven't ever owned one but have seen a few. A good mate had a nice bitch which would even try and run the mill lol. Just never seen online a worker to worker breeding in the uk being done? Just think a dog being a certain breed doesn't mean it's going to the job it's bred for. Loads of these big breeds get told to be good guards. Most aren't even worked just big so put people off and bark. That's enough for most though I'm sure but i would love to seeing a breeding program using working examples of the breed.

• Like 1

It might not be in line with the thinking of much of todays dogooding soft society but i really cant see why dog rehoming centres even exist !.......is there a shortage of dogs or something ?.....If a dogs not wanted put it down whats this obssession with finding a siutable home for a big useless thing like that.

Poor little child.

• Like 12

Latest........................

The Doge de Bordeaux (French mastiff) shown in some photos with the little girl is not the dog being investigated by police. That seems to be saying that the family pet was not responsible. :hmm:

On a general note, I have a Mastiff X, and when the grandchildren visit, she is never left alone with them - not even for a second ! It's just a sensible precaution, but just because she weighs around 45kg, doesn't mean she is more prone to bite, in my opinion.

Edited to add - the Doge wasn't re-homed to the family by ArsePCA.

Edited by Blackbriar

Whatever the breed, any dog can turn. What it usually boils down to is education - or lack thereof - about dogs in general and children in particular.

The number of times I've read/heard people saying 'oh my dog is so good, lets the kids climb all over it, pull it's ears, ride it like a pony' FFS makes me head near enough explode. Children need to be taught how to handle dogs and behave around them. The very best of dogs can turn when they'v been pushed too far and in my opinion it's fair ignorant to allow kids to behave like that toward any animal. And obviously no young child should be left unattended around a dog.

Dogs that aren't exercised enough, dogs that should be working and aren't, dogs that are treated like amusement rides, dogs that are anthropomorphised .... people want to educate themselves when it comes to keeping animals full stop. These sorts of horrific attacks happening and people trying to blame the breeds instead of the humans who are in charge of them.

Gah! :censored:

RIP that poor wee girl.

• Like 8

looks like an "old time" bulldog...totally agree with gnash, why on earth would you seek to rehome a stray dog, let alone into a young family home??? no background info on the dog, i hope the soppy c**ts at the re homing center hve many a sleepless night over this! poor, poor little girl. r.i.p...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487849/Leicester-girl-dies-bitten-dog-Mountsorrel.html?ICO=most_read_module

• Like 1