What Would You Do About A Dog Pedlar Next Door?

Just wondering what your thoughts are before I sign up to ALF.

The summary is that someone I know who lives in the same small village as me has told me about this vile ginger bitch who keeps dogs locked in a small cage in her garden next door to her. She has been seen being abusive to them (kicking them about) and apparently they whine and whimper all day, so far she only has a few dogs but breeds as many litters as she can and sells black labs at £550 and springers.

She has been confronted by various people and she just boasts her dogs pay for her holidays, the police and RSPCA have also gone round and apparently can't do anything.

I only heard about this yesterday and I am already formulating plans on what to do, because I am not the sort to just sit quietly if someone is being cruel to dogs. But realistically what can I do to help? I am pretty sure I could get the dogs out, but then what? They will probably be chipped so any rescue I take them to would send them back to her, or if I can find homes willing to take them then nothing stops her getting more dogs.

I am at a bit of a loss..what would you do, no just what you would want to do. So no point saying 'I would go round and kick their teeth in, take the dogs and ride into the sunset on a quad bike getting head from your sister the whole time'

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell the RSPCA that she uses the dogs for hunting. That should make sure she never sees them again.

The best thing to do is mind your own f***ing business if the whole thing is based purely on tittle tattle !!

Whatever you decide to do keep quiet about it....you have just incriminated yourself...

have a word tell her what you have heard about her tell her if the condition she keeps dogs in is not rectified you will get in touch with the authorities that will make her do something about it

From what I have heard that's been done dozens of times by several different people, resulting in a lot of shouting matches and her boasting again about holidays. The authorities won't do anything since they have water available when they go round, I also heard someone let the dogs out before and now she keeps them padlocked 24/7. But the person I know said they were particular concerned last winter because they don't have any heating or real shelter so it isn't even dry, but as long as they have water it's OK by the law.

Essentially she isn't doing anything illegal, but I don't really care because I don't think it's right to keep dogs in a small cage all year round without hardly any contact, never exercised and breeding from puppies as often as possible. Adding the fact she openly kicks them about is just another reason I want to get involved.

Whatever you decide to do keep quiet about it....you have just incriminated yourself...

Well I am unsure if me getting involved would help anyway, so anyone reading this can rest assured I have absolutely no intention of doing anything illegal ever or ever have, I don't know of any illegal activity performed by others and nothing I say on this website can be taken seriously as I always lie and make things up for attention. :whistling: Whistle smileys do not in any way refute this claim.

• Like 1

Hmm someone has told you that she keeps her dogs in these conditions or have you seen with your own eyes? I wouldn't just take someone's word for it I'd want to make sure beforehand myself. Secondly if the authorities that be can't do anything to her knowing how draconian they can be , then I'm surely there's probably not much you can do .

• Like 2

Animal Welfare Act 2006 states and if the RSPCA had visited they would have ensured the owner complied with this

Duty of person responsible for animal to ensure welfare

(1)A person commits an offence if he does not take such steps as are reasonable in all the circumstances to ensure that the needs of an animal for which he is responsible are met to the extent required by good practice.

(2)For the purposes of this Act, an animal's needs shall be taken to include—

(a)its need for a suitable environment,

(its need for a suitable diet,

©its need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns,

(d)any need it has to be housed with, or apart from, other animals, and

(e)its need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.

(3)The circumstances to which it is relevant to have regard when applying subsection (1) include, in particular—

(a)any lawful purpose for which the animal is kept, and

(any lawful activity undertaken in relation to the animal.

(4)Nothing in this section applies to the destruction of an animal in an appropriate and humane manner.

Well I am unsure if me getting involved would help anyway, so anyone reading this can rest assured I have absolutely no intention of doing anything illegal ever or ever have, I don't know of any illegal activity performed by others and nothing I say on this website can be taken seriously as I always lie and make things up for attention. :whistling: Whistle smileys do not in any way refute this claim.

worry about your own then pal :thumbs:

Bit of a funny one this,,, cos essentialy it's grassing,,,,,so I'm not sure I would do anything,,cos it sounds like she is already on there radar......

Is she paying tax,,on this little enterprise ? Cos this is an income..which might impact on any benefits she might recive.

Always be careful of acting on 2nd hand info. Get a bunch of pensioners together particularly in a village type scenario and before you know it you have a resistance type movement hellbent on righting all the villages wrongs lol. If you've seen it with your own eyes that's another matter but I personally wouldn't be calling the authorities

• Like 2

Yes the HMRC would be more than happy to investigate considering they want money from beaters! If she's making enough for holiday(s) then she needs to be paying tax on top!

Best course to stay out of bother is a hidden camera and pass the footage onto the relevant people...