• 2 weeks later...

Probably the quickest option is stock optics in the uk,but you'll pay more for it than the same lens from china.

Unless there are any on the forums or bay....have you asked on the nvf forum?

the 16mm lenses from stock optics are of a far superiour quality to the chinese ones...they might both be 16mm,but thats where the similarity ends,as in all things...you get what you pay for :thumbs:

Probably the quickest option is stock optics in the uk,but you'll pay more for it than the same lens from china.

the 16mm lenses from stock optics are of a far superiour quality to the chinese ones...they might both be 16mm,but thats where the similarity ends,as in all things...you get what you pay for :thumbs:

Funny....I have 2 identical lens here,one from china and one from stock optics and the only difference imo is price.

Funny....I have 2 identical lens here,one from china and one from stock optics and the only difference imo is price.

funny....i have a drawer with about 40 chinese lenses in because i get them free with the cameras i use....i replace them with the ones from stock optics because they are better...imo. If you read the spec of the lenses you have and compare them i think you will see the difference in quality.

Edited by actionman333

funny....i have a drawer with about 40 chinese lenses in because i get them free with the cameras i use....i replace them with the ones from stock optics because they are better...imo. If you read the spec of the lenses you have and compare them i think you will see the difference in quality.

Well that's the difference then,the one I have from china didn't come free with any camera,obviously the freebies are shite.

Mine came from here... http://www.securitycamera2000.com/

Heres an example I have ..http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/9%252d22mm-Manual-Zoom-Manual-Focal-MTV-Interface-Lens.html exactly the same but half the cost.

Edited by weebster

Well that's the difference then,the one I have from china didn't come free with any camera,obviously the freebies are shite.

Heres an example I have ..http://www.securitycamera2000.com/products/9%252d22mm-Manual-Zoom-Manual-Focal-MTV-Interface-Lens.html exactly the same but half the cost.

the free ones arent shite,they are the same quality as the ones in the first link you posted,they just arent as good as the ones i get from stock optics,they are lower mega pixel,lower FOV etc(i try to use better ones as it makes a difference in the overall picture quality) and the ones in the second link you posted arent 16mm lenses,they are zoom lenses . :thumbs:

the free ones arent shite,they are the same quality as the ones in the first link you posted,they just arent as good as the ones i get from stock optics,they are lower mega pixel,lower FOV etc(i try to use better ones as it makes a difference in the overall picture quality) and the ones in the second link you posted arent 16mm lenses,they are zoom lenses . :thumbs:

stock optics one,s are 1/3" you want a 1/2" lens 16mm ir with f1.2 they are better pal if you are looking to be shooting foxs at range with your nv

the free ones arent shite,they are the same quality as the ones in the first link you posted,they just arent as good as the ones i get from stock optics,they are lower mega pixel,lower FOV etc(i try to use better ones as it makes a difference in the overall picture quality) and the ones in the second link you posted arent 16mm lenses,they are zoom lenses. :thumbs:

:laugh: I never said the ones in the 2nd link were 16mm,just saying they are identical in build and performance

How do you measure a len's mega pixel?

Edited by weebster

stock optics one,s are 1/3" you want a 1/2" lens 16mm ir with f1.2 they are better pal if you are looking to be shooting foxs at range with your nv

If the camera is a 1/3rd sensor then a 1/3 lens is ideal,if on the other hand it's a 1/2 sensor (watec 902h etc) then yes I expect a 1/2 format lens would be better,although others will disagree with that :D

All to hand for me as I fit cctv for a living try having a look at cpc fine plan fvs night devil do a cracking little low light board cam you can find them through system q pro vision is and hbl are another couple of company's to try hope this helps