Window Shopping / Good Deal ??

Well i'm still waiting for my ticket so just window shopping for now.....

I've got a friend saving me Anschutz .22 1417, but I still need to get a .223 + .17HMR, I'll only be able to afford one more at the minute and I've been to have a look around my local gun shop and fell in love with a CZ american ZKM 452 .17HMR, it's up for sale as a package with sak mod + hawke scopes for £600. Is this a good deal ?? or would i be best purchasing separate :hmm:

And what does the ZKM stand for, I'm guessing it's just model number ??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tikkas are nice rifles mate, but I will tell you this the build quality is no better than Howa, the super close tolerance engineering that the Japs are obsessed with does show through, the Tikka trigg

No matter what you get in the end get stainless cause our country sucks ass for weather.   Wish I had waited and save a extra £100 for a stainless model sick of cleaning worrying about them rustin

But at the risk of repeating myself, a wood stock glass bedded is a superior platform to cheap, hollow, tacky, flimsy plastic stocks, the reason that plastic is in vogue at the moment is the shooting

Posted Images

CZ American ZKM452 17HMR costs £390, SAK MOD £33, so that's £420. That leaves £180 for a scope. Is the Hawke scope that is in the package worth more or less than £180?. I would be expecting all 3 items to be worth more than the £600 price that is being offered as a package, this is the incentive to buy all 3 at once.

CZ American ZKM452 17HMR costs £390, SAK MOD £33, so that's £420. That leaves £180 for a scope. Is the Hawke scope that is in the package worth more or less than £180?. I would be expecting all 3 items to be worth more than the £600 price that is being offered as a package, this is the incentive to buy all 3 at once.

Thanks for the info mate, I'm going to call him and double check the model tomorrow, I know it's a night eye and i've seen them online for £114 for one model, couldn't spend too much time in shop I had the wife waiting in car with stop watch on lol. :thumbdown:

Unless there is a bit more to the story that hardly sounds an exciting deal.

But if it has a scope it will have mounts as well!

Sling, carry bag, ammo, cleaning rod, spare mag, etc.????

Just the same you can do deals anywhere, but maybe a good look round the web will be useful!

Just the same you can do deals anywhere, but maybe a good look round the web will be useful!

I've been looking about internet, the package did have mounts too but that was it mate.

Can you recommend any good sites ?

I'm going to visit a couple more shops this week too, I'm still on fence which calibre to get first out of the .17HMR and .223, seen a nice tikka T3 but would finish my bank balance off this month.

Decisions, decisions, decidions....

I've been looking about internet, the package did have mounts too but that was it mate.

I'm going to visit a couple more shops this week too, I'm still on fence which calibre to get first out of the .17HMR and .223, seen a nice tikka T3 but would finish my bank balance off this month.

I have never dealt with this lot so this is not a specific recommendation, but I'd say they are worth a look/phone call!

http://www.czrifles.co.uk/

As I first mentioned, there will be few RFD who will not consider an offer if you find what you want, so don't just cough for the first price thrown at you! :thumbs:

I have never dealt with this lot so this is not a specific recommendation, but I'd say they are worth a look/phone call!

http://www.czrifles.co.uk/

As I first mentioned, there will be few RFD who will not consider an offer if you find what you want, so don't just cough for the first price thrown at you! :thumbs:

Thanks mate Ill check it out :-)

Buy the .223 mate and dont bother with the hmr :thumbs: your .22 will do all you need on the bunnies and your .223 everything else, the Tikka is an excellent choice mate.

Suppose your right mate, only thing which was pushing me towards .17HMR for now was the cost.

Mod I wanted for .223 was £250 and then decent scope, I'm sure I'll be able to fiddle my finances though.

Hopefully the postman will have my ticket today :-)

Buy the .223 mate and dont bother with the hmr :thumbs: your .22 will do all you need on the bunnies and your .223 everything else, the Tikka is an excellent choice mate.

Suppose your right mate, only thing which was pushing me towards .17HMR for now was the cost.

Mod I wanted for .223 was £250 and then decent scope, I'm sure I'll be able to fiddle my finances though.

Hopefully the postman will have my ticket today :-)

Just called another dealer locally to check what brands, he's mentioned about good deal on Howa hunter .223, including sonic mod, £200 scope, bipod, carry case, spare mag and rifle sling £900 ?

From reading some reviews tikka were my number one option at my price range but is there much difference ?

Just called another dealer locally to check what brands, he's mentioned about good deal on Howa hunter .223, including sonic mod, £200 scope, bipod, carry case, spare mag and rifle sling £900 ?

From reading some reviews tikka were my number one option at my price range but is there much difference ?

Get what you want, but the HMR and .223 are very different animals, and Charlie isn't a fan of HMR :laugh::laugh:

I have a .223 and other centrefires (2 of them Tikkas) and a collection of rimfires including a HMR, I have a use for them all! :thumbs:

Howa packages are worth looking at as well.