Eagle Owl Attacking People In My Area.

craigynewall

It's attacked me three times now up on Cleadon Hills over the last couple of months,more a shock than anything else. It's been killing everything it's a menace. Saw twitchers up there a few times now with recording gear filming it. I had a few pics on me phone after it attacked me as it just landed on the wall next to me and sat there but I deleted them. I've heard it's been going over Washington Wildfowl park causing chaos.

Edited by MickC

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres the 2 pics 1 on fence post and 1 in bush before it flew off.

A big Larsen trap.....with a cat in one side....

Sadly mate alot of the owl sanctuaries are poorly run and dont treat them like birds of prey, more like pets, taking them to public places and charging £5 a picture to the unknowing public, seen a few

Posted Images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VUwjmivwQg

This as an interesting one about whether or not Eagle Owls are native to the uk. I watched this, this morning and double checked a story that my mum told me years ago about her dad, my granddad..................................he was a senior NCO in the army sometime before WW2 in the 1930's and was training in Scotland when one of his blokes was attacked by an eagle owl, not totally unprovoked, the bloke didn't listen to advice and tried to get hands on the owl. My granddad had been over the world in the normal colonial places and was brought up in a small Hampshire village, had a passion for fox terriers, at one time looked after the royal artillery horse side of things and so was no stranger to wildlife, definitely didn't confuse it for a barn owl :D

Makes me think......................... :hmm: I know the one we are talking about is an escapee but still thought I would put this in for those interested in birds of prey :thumbs:

Being stupid I copied the same video :fool: After you watch it, its the video called "the notorious eagle owl" :thumbs:

Edited by Huan72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VUwjmivwQg

This as an interesting one about whether or not Eagle Owls are native to the uk. I watched this, this morning and double checked a story that my mum told me years ago about her dad, my granddad..................................he was a senior NCO in the army sometime before WW2 in the 1930's and was training in Scotland when one of his blokes was attacked by an eagle owl, not totally unprovoked, the bloke didn't listen to advice and tried to get hands on the owl. My granddad had been over the world in the normal colonial places and was brought up in a small Hampshire village, had a passion for fox terriers, at one time looked after the royal artillery horse side of things and so was no stranger to wildlife, definitely didn't confuse it for a barn owl :D

Makes me think......................... :hmm: I know the one we are talking about is an escapee but still thought I would put this in for those interested in birds of prey :thumbs:

Being stupid I copied the same video :fool: After you watch it, its the video called "the notorious eagle owl" :thumbs:

they have been living wild here for years,

I had the privilege of seeing one hunting rabbits down in Yorkshire a few years back [totally wild] it made it look simple big birds mind you rabbit had no chance -this was in broad day light

theres a lot of supposedly extinct stuff that's still out there if ya know where too look or chance upon it and know ya stuff, seen goshawks wild pairing years back when I was a teenager and out collecting eggs :icon_redface: offspring still nest in same tree years later, they not even that far from the beaten track, not many see em or know they their, never seen one with alymeri or jesses on , be worth having one of them in ya mews, ultimate killing machine would be a wild take goshawk female, proper mare to man down though :cray: electric supernatural hunting ability would be the pay off :victory:

theres a lot of supposedly extinct stuff that's still out there if ya know where too look or chance upon it and know ya stuff, seen goshawks wild pairing years back when I was a teenager and out collecting eggs :icon_redface: offspring still nest in same tree years later, they not even that far from the beaten track, not many see em or know they their, never seen one with alymeri or jesses on , be worth having one of them in ya mews, ultimate killing machine would be a wild take goshawk female, proper mare to man down though :cray: electric supernatural hunting ability would be the pay off :victory:

been there done that the thing is they wont touch fur only feather very strange :icon_eek:

if it is attacking you,get one of them big pike nets the collapsible ones with six foot handle,you could get into one of them,the mesh is fine.

you wont have much problems with tangling and damage to plumage and yourself.worth a try,if you know any pike anglers with a net like i described.

Well heres a update on the eagle owl i went down just after work tonigh very unprepared. I took down a rabbit carcass and nothing else but that. Literally 5 minutes of looking the owl came right over my head and onto a gutter on a house near the field. I threw out the rabbit right in its sight and held back into a bush. About 2 minutes passed and the owl was on my bait!!! I decided on the most stupid crazy idea ever as i had nothing else on me to trap i i decided to take off my coat and slowly approach it and literally take a dive on it with my coat lol yes i no i am fking nuts ha. As i was literally 1 metre from the owl she turned at me with a threatening stant and i raised my coat a littl higher blocking my face lol as i raised the coat she flew off into a tree really close to wher i was i new it wasnt going far i just wants that easy meal. I took cover again and within 2 minutes it was back on the carcass. I let it have 2 minutes before i really slowly tried approaching it again this time i got even closer thn a metre i was literally 1 step away from taking a dive coat first ontop of the owl but as i was about to jump my coat blew a little in the wind an the owl flew onto a house at the side of me landed on a scaffolding round the house but wouldnt come back down. I could tell it was still interested but i think it was my company that was keeping it back. I think after approaching it both times getting so close the owl might of realised i what i was trying to do. I waitin another half hour/45 min and it just wasnt coming back down still never moved but wouldnt come down. I dunno what i was thinking when i think about it now ha how much of a risk i was taking going to jump on that huge bird ha. I just want it caught so badly!!' I decided to call it a night at 7:30 pm tonight and im going back tmorow but i will 100% be kitted with the right equipment to catch her up. All in all what a feelin i had being that close to the owl it was a mixed rushing feeling of excitement and fear at the same time i was shaking while my heart felt like it was gonna come through my chest ha. Got coupl of pics of the owl on the scaffold an a little video il upload them now. Give me a week this bird is mine muhahahaha!!

• Like 2