ex track bitch

you have every chance. :thumbs: make sure the recall is 100% before you run her (as you should with any dog but ex racers especially) what was her race name or tattoo ? as with any dog the effort you put in will be refected in there willingness to please. good luck with her.

Just taken on a 3 year old bitch.Banned for being "too keen" 26" 60lb. What chance she will take to "work"Have pics but have not tried to put up before myself. All comments welcome.Cheers.

:blink: too keen? If she was banned then its more than likely her mind wasn't on the job & she wasn't chasing the lure 100% &/or was attacking other dogs. Or was she getting too excited & turning in the traps?

A mate of mine has an ex track dog, the previous owner got rid of it because she didn't like its attitude. I don't know what the hell she meant but he says its the best fox dog he's ever owned and it as hard as nails.

I was actually thinking of getting one my self so it would be great if you let us know how she goes mate.

I ran an extrack bitch, very very easy to get going.was a bit dodgy around smaller dogs but was the best fox dog i ever owned.wasnt bad on the roe and fallow either.

done side was her feet.i should have bred from her but never did

She seems fine with other dogs so far! hoping she will help with our fox control pack Cheers

Just taken on a 3 year old bitch.Banned for being "too keen" 26" 60lb. What chance she will take to "work"Have pics but have not tried to put up before myself. All comments welcome.Cheers.

:blink: too keen? If she was banned then its more than likely her mind wasn't on the job & she wasn't chasing the lure 100% &/or was attacking other dogs. Or was she getting too excited & turning in the traps?

she won 23 races .according to the owner/trainer she was barging when dogs tried to pass her.Cheers

A mate of mine has an ex track dog, the previous owner got rid of it because she didn't like its attitude. I don't know what the hell she meant but he says its the best fox dog he's ever owned and it as hard as nails.

I was actually thinking of getting one my self so it would be great if you let us know how she goes mate.

Only had her a week.Done some early mornings with her on lead while deerxwhippet/grey running free.When anything is put up she tunes right in.Hope to try her when recall has developed.Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got a young bitch from a rescue who was classed as a non-chaser. When out walking with her she seems proper keen. Still trying to teach her that eating my cats is WRONG :icon_eek: but otherwise I might let her have a bash at a bunny if the situation arises. I just thought grey's seem a bit spindly for working, guess I was wrong?

You will be surprised what a hunting greyhound will do, when let off the lead... :icon_eek::D

Don't think I'll be too surprised - I saw what she did to one of my cats :censored: Bloody good job I was standing next to her at the time or she would've had kitty for tea :o