Rabbiting Bitch

I know its a long shot but im looking for ideally a bitch for lamping and bit of daytime rabbiting. Im not looking for a pup but a dog that already done a bit. Im a realist so know im not going to pick up a faultless dog but must have done a bit of rabbiting and be jumping,and decent recall. Just trying my luck, maybe a young dog that hasnt quite made the grade on other quarry but is ok for what i want would be ideal. in the process of moving so anytime over next couple of weeks ill be looking if anybody can help. Dog will be a pet and used for a bit of mooching around so will not be passed about, cheers.

i know someone that has a little bitch thats simalar to the lurcher your looking for,she didnt make the grade on bigger game but she is a demon on daytime bunnies and a even better lamper,only one thing wrong with her is ..........

:thumbs: SHE IS NOT FOR SALE.

Edited by Derek1962
  • Like 1

I know its a long shot but im looking for ideally a bitch for lamping and bit of daytime rabbiting. Im not looking for a pup but a dog that already done a bit. Im a realist so know im not going to pick up a faultless dog but must have done a bit of rabbiting and be jumping,and decent recall. Just trying my luck, maybe a young dog that hasnt quite made the grade on other quarry but is ok for what i want would be ideal. in the process of moving so anytime over next couple of weeks ill be looking if anybody can help. Dog will be a pet and used for a bit of mooching around so will not be passed about, cheers.

Why don't you take a pup...And enjoy teaching it everything YOU want from it...

• Like 1

nobody in their right mind would sell a good lamping bitch,or even a good daytime bitch,a mate of mine has a small lurcher[beddlington greyhound x collie greyhound],she will lamp all night and will carry all live back to hand,he gets 25 euro a bunny of the greyhound men,so this bitch is priceless,

nobody in their right mind would sell a good lamping bitch,or even a good daytime bitch,a mate of mine has a small lurcher[beddlington greyhound x collie greyhound],she will lamp all night and will carry all live back to hand,he gets 25 euro a bunny of the greyhound men,so this bitch is priceless,

i know where theres one too pm me and ill let you c it going then you will know what youre lookin for :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

this is in no way aimed at the poster of this topic!! a while ago i took a bitch in (owner was going to shoot it as he was off to prison) spent hours teaching the dog some manners getting it fit, retrieving ect. knowing that i would have to re-home the dog!! plus vet bills!! injections and microchip!

so i re-homed the dog with someone off here! was all genuine saying all the right things would never pass it on! its a pet.(free of charge by the way) and i said i would always take it back.

when i was on my holidays got a lovely letter from Cardiff dogs home!! telling me the dog was there!! giving me 7days to pick it up. was 4 days to late when i got home!!

the moral of this story is never trust anyone on here!

Thanks for the help and advice, as I said I was just trying my luck as I know good dogs are like hen's teeth, especially this time of year. Im sure theres plenty of dogs that havent made he grade that will end up being passed from pillar to post or worse thought I could give one of these a decnt home and have a bit of a mooch at the same time. Decided Im going to have a look for pup instead. Thanks again for the help and the piss taking. :cray: haha. If anyone has litter planned for some nice whippet or small greyhound type lurchers give me PM. :thumbs:

Thanks for the help and advice, as I said I was just trying my luck as I know good dogs are like hen's teeth, especially this time of year. Im sure theres plenty of dogs that havent made he grade that will end up being passed from pillar to post or worse thought I could give one of these a decnt home and have a bit of a mooch at the same time. Decided Im going to have a look for pup instead. Thanks again for the help and the piss taking. :cray: haha. If anyone has litter planned for some nice whippet or small greyhound type lurchers give me PM. :thumbs:

Thats the way to go Gareth mate, you will get a better bond with the dog aswell.