1St Drop Of The Season

terryd

Put the bass rods away until the spring so it's time to turn my attention to the rabbits.

Made a start tonight as it wasn't lashing down. This drop faces the north with a wind blowing in from the west I made my approach from the east.

Had scouted it a couple of days ago so new the farmer had left a couple of gates open so I could stroll straight in other than an electric fence to get under.

Felt quite rusty running out my 2 50 yarders they didn't seem to go out very smooth at all but I took my time and kept at it. Then the bottom of my quiver gave way and I had a constant trickle of pegs falling out which was fun :laugh:

Did a nice slow bant of the field and when I got back to the nets I had one rabbit for my trouble so dinner was sorted. I looked over the nets with a torch to see what a hash I had made of it and they weren't too bad so just need a couple more outings to get back in shape

10545340396_9ed371b532_c.jpg

10545548393_051d0f9617_c.jpg

10545359495_a7c79a21e1_c.jpg

Nice to get back out with the nets again. Nice dark breezy night and a couple of nets in the pocket and a rabbit for pot perfect :)

• Like 9

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put the bass rods away until the spring so it's time to turn my attention to the rabbits. Made a start tonight as it wasn't lashing down. This drop faces the north with a wind blowing in from the we

After the last couple of night been waiting for the weather to drop a bit. Forecast looked good tonight for a couple to be out feeding. So this afternoon I ran out the home made one to make sure the

Thanks lads just got in knackered ha ha. Had six but could have had more got a bit of a feel for the nets today still loads to learn but really enjoying it

Posted Images

Tried a new spot tonight noticed this afternoon the farmer had moved his sheep. I was a bit worried about the street lighting

10635605815_77170c3585_c.jpg

When I stepped into the field it was like day light but I could see the with hedge as a back drop I would be in the shadows so worth a shot seeing as I was there. As I was running the nets out and I could see plain as day what I was doing which made a change. Any rabbits that were out I hoped if they were close they would squat once I was between them or they would be so far out they couldnt see me anyway. Took my time banting the field as it was quite big and I didnt want to miss any.

Nice surprise when I got back to nets so well worth doing

10635614816_c8fa340713_c.jpg

One of them had given the net a right chewing gone through the bottom line and dam near cut the net in half he was only held by his head. Must have run in as I was still dropping the nets. 3 x 50 yarders does take a me a while surprised it wasn't just a skeleton :laugh:

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

in the first pic on your first post there appears to be what looks like a hedgehog dangerously close to your net!!! lol

cheers folks

I think that was a cow pat but I could be wrong, I did have my eyes tested this week mind :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Hadn't planned on going out tonight. But coming back from tesco i could see the trees blowing about so it had to be done. NE wind is perfect for the drop I had in mind. When I got on site it was quieter than expected so I sneaked into position ran out 2 x 50 and it was one of them nights where they just slid off the pins with out a niggle.

A nice slow bant of the field which is quite big and I had one rabbit to show for it the first one in my home made net which is going be followed by my first repair on my home made net. My bant must have been bit too slow and it nearly chewed its way out :laugh:

Thoroughly enjoyed as all ways

11125004805_ddd02d66c9_c.jpg

11125004646_d84e58b61d_c.jpg

11125143283_653fbe5ee8_c.jpg

11125009824_2a5f9635db_c.jpg

11124938036_34963dda74_b.jpg

:clapper:Well done,..just love to see the wind blowing that net out...looks like you got things,. just right...

It is a sod when rabbits lay too long in the webs,...and being a hopeless artisan when it comes to rigging, or God -forbid, repairing the nets,..I usually do a quick bant,.then invariably lose my bottle, and make tracks for the net,.pretty darn sharpish.. :laugh:

All the best, Phil.

Edited by Phil Lloyd