attachicon.gifSANY5040.JPG found this old photo the other day around 1976/77

Is that the mad looking f****r out of No Country For Old Men ?........havent got an air compressor knocking about by your leg have you :D

no thats peter sarsted the singer :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well spotted gnash some racing men belive in eye sign. They can tell if its going to be a breeder or a racer, short or long distance bird. Me well I think its a load of bollllocccccckkkks

Wow that sort of shit fascinates me......i dare not google it though im really trying my best not to get hooked into this pigeon malarky as i have an obssessive nature   I take it they cant just te

Im building a team of white pigeons that will race and WIN here is a new addiction to my stock loft  

Posted Images

Did you just get the one to put with your best cock mate or did you get a few?

If you breed a white with a blue do you get more whites, grizzles or blues?

Bought this on aswell

rcp4dnTt.jpg

To breed pure whites you have got to have pure whites on boths sides

Cloud above is not out of 2 pure whites, so put 2 a pure white cock could throw

all coulors, the more you put white to white, the easier to breed pure white.

But you still get colour birds come out.

going to find some top cocks to put to them :thumbs:

Is that the savings all gone now mate buying them? I was at garswood yesterday meeting a guy at the racer auction there and the lads were saying how much the birds had fetched at one of the last auctions :0

Not sure about the name but would Iridology(the study of the eye) be the same thing as what the bird lads look for in a eye?,i know someone who does it and the results are mental to see as you can find illness,fitness and even mental trauma in a eye on a human and in Russia they have been using iridology on people for years as a standard thing for pre op patients.It is true the eye reveals a great deal and a clear clean eye is one of the first things i look for in a bird i'm looking at getting.

• Like 1

I started racing pigeons a few years ago bought my self all the equipment, I got gifted a full team of young birds (lembrechts) by a good flyer near me by the name of steve foster along with a nest pair by a champion bird named liam (if that's right ) . unfortunately things at home took a turn for the worse and I had to pack up before I had started properly. ive still got my loft its something I would liked to have got into all the best with the birds lads

I started racing pigeons a few years ago bought my self all the equipment, I got gifted a full team of young birds (lembrechts) by a good flyer near me by the name of steve foster along with a nest pair by a champion bird named liam (if that's right ) . unfortunately things at home took a turn for the worse and I had to pack up before I had started properly. ive still got my loft its something I would liked to have got into all the best with the birds lads

You had top birds there Steve has the best lambrecht's in the country

Did you just get the one to put with your best cock mate or did you get a few?

If you breed a white with a blue do you get more whites, grizzles or blues?

Bought this on aswell

rcp4dnTt.jpg

To breed pure whites you have got to have pure whites on boths sides

Cloud above is not out of 2 pure whites, so put 2 a pure white cock could throw

all coulors, the more you put white to white, the easier to breed pure white.

But you still get colour birds come out.

going to find some top cocks to put to them :thumbs:

Is that the savings all gone now mate buying them? I was at garswood yesterday meeting a guy at the racer auction there and the lads were saying how much the birds had fetched at one of the last auctions :0

Money box empty now mate have to get it filled cos there will be more coming ;-)

Christian i presume it works the same as dogs in respect of the old " colour comes last " motto ?........Obviously if you have the numbers in the first place you can be selective but i mean for a beginner.

The more of one colour you put in the more it comes out but in some strains all colours come out

I know mate its just a shame things happened at home like they did I had the best start steve was an absolute gent top man one day I will start again

e2a some of young birds where not directly off steve but steve sorted them out for me

Edited by budharley

I know mate its just a shame things happened at home like they did I had the best start steve was an absolute gent top man one day I will start again
Will he not give you a couple more to start you off with?

Will he not give you a couple more to start you off with?

I wouldn't ask him again mate

• 5 weeks later...

Christian some pigeon men swear by it like you say I have tipplers and limerick tumblers/rollers as droppers me I can only tell if a bird is poorly by looking at its eye an ther would have to be a scab over it. But do ever notice when [BANNED TEXT] I even find myself doing it ( and I don't no what I'm looking for) ya catch lift a bird 1st thing ya do is look at the right eye not if the bird even has wings. Then you spread the wing feathers I'd say 99% of pigeon men do it in that order. Anyway I think if you no what your looking for ya can see it in the pigeons eye. Can be expensive enough them old homers that's why I like the tipplers.