Edwards' Coyote Catches 2013 & 21014

Yes rubbing is from the end of winter mating rituals as well as the fur is seeing damage from the long winter as well. Going in and out of dens tubes and blow downs is hard on the fur. The longer daylight hours will make them start to moult. The fur in October starts to "prime "from head to tail filling in the base of tail belly and haunches last and these will be your top dollar furs even with slight damage from dog holes if small. Top fur will be late December to mid January then start to fall off from head to tail again and by early Feb we start to see "rubbed" parts on the back of neck into the shoulders. This is mainly the winter fur falling out to be replaced by a summer coat. Water dwelling animals like beaver and muskrat will carry their primeness into early March as they will be under ice in bank dens lessening their exposure to sunlight hours.

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan's bitch "Flirt" yesterday You got something there when a Stag can handle one by its self, never mind a female.

Danny--->      

Thanks Stunt.   I seen two very cool catches last night for coyotes 77 and 78 for this winter. First one was a female and she was very fast. She tried to straight line and then she ran around a hi

Thanks again for putting the pic up Stunt. This was a pretty cool catch itself. I really had to haul ass down the road to get up to this coyote and by the time she crossed she was really gettin with it. I hit the brakes and the dogs jumped over the side. After a pretty long run at a high rate of speed Flirt was able to pull her down and that's all she wrote. I hope we can maybe catch a couple more and say we got 85 or wishful thinkin 90.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught 3 more Saturday and 1 yesterday. Young dog Yeti is showing signs of greatness. No BS. Grendal which is my Flirt gyp's brother is a nice dog and could make a nice coyote dog and he can run a bit actually. Flirt is a wizard and needs no help wowing the crowd every day we go out. Really liking the dogs we got these days.

Caught 3 more Saturday and 1 yesterday. Young dog Yeti is showing signs of greatness. No BS. Grendal which is my Flirt gyp's brother is a nice dog and could make a nice coyote dog and he can run a bit actually. Flirt is a wizard and needs no help wowing the crowd every day we go out. Really liking the dogs we got these days.

You running Grendal these days Dan? I saw him as a whelp back in 2010, he looked quite impressive back then.

Ya pretty much. We cast hounds down creeks and when they punch the coyotes out we try to get to a spot where the coyote is crossing the road and then we dump on them if we get a chance to. Its pretty tough at times and sometimes it may take a few different tries to get a close enough dump. Anything over bout 200 yards and you are kidding yourself cuz you wont be catching that coyote.

• Like 1