God How Ive Missed My Harris Hawks .."but Im Back"

milo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well dun fella I went last Tuesday got a rabbit with bell then had a gud fly on a pheasant she missed it but it hit a sheep mesh fence and it killed its self . So she Woz on it as it Woz doing backfli

A drop of 12oz after coming out of the avairy??? A male....Jesus....that bird is getting proper f***ed about!!!

... after 2 weeks of grafting and getting her fit she finally did it off the mark at last...   Last sat seen us chasing a few phessies one she took on was a cracking pursuit,hard and high she misse

Posted Images

Cover still up pouring down with rain not a great start to our season, I was asked to fly for our local council today around two schools it poured down but had to try my best.

We kept the gulls and crows off the buildings and cars for a bit but really difficult in these tough wet conditions....for some reason it won't allow me to upload pictures of today !

cheeky fooker 400 for sumat he cant handle lol mind be worth it just to get it right and enjoy it in the future, some cracking sport for someone there mind , nice challenge to get bird right , I reckon once weight and diet are established and he hu8nting he will soon come on leaps and bounds,

• Like 1

Plot thickens guys,sat morning there may be a right " know it all idiot'' that may be buying the goes ! This person has had a Harris since July done nothing and now wants Eric ! I can't type the words I know feel at this moment in time,I put literally weeks & weeks of work into Eric and he's going to end up with a total fan....y that ain't got a clue....sad day for me and a sad day in general for falconry,so yet again money talks.

Plot thickens guys,sat morning there may be a right " know it all idiot'' that may be buying the goes ! This person has had a Harris since July done nothing and now wants Eric ! I can't type the words I know feel at this moment in time,I put literally weeks & weeks of work into Eric and he's going to end up with a total fan....y that ain't got a clue....sad day for me and a sad day in general for falconry,so yet again money talks.

He'll be dead in a few weeks when the frost bites that I'm 99% sure of!

• Like 1

I wish I could disagree with you Crow, but sadly I cannot, he will doubtless have him down to skin and bone, to try and get a response, then he will walk in on him one morning and he will be dead, get the bloody bird off him and I will have it ffs, the idiot who is buying it will kill it for sure, I wish I had taken him on instead of the moron you sold him to :huh:

• Like 1

its funny thing seeing say CH wanting too take on this bird, most would openly advise to steer well clear and start with a fresh bird etc , good to see though that these lads will do best to give a bird that's getting wasted a fair chance, cannot save em all though lads, summat needs doing abou the amount bred and sold to divvies, its stunning to think that a goshawk or any hawk for that matter becomes so cheap ya can afford a quick dabble and not suffer the loss too much, ffs it splain cruelty but its allowed to happen all above board and legal, jesus that's poor, the hawkboard BFC ought to get summat done about it

The last 2-3 years I seem to be seeing a hell of a lot more hawks/owls being owned by un trained un educated people ! I can't see the law changing unless the government knew they could make a fast buck out of us falconers/austringers... But I for one would be prepared to be on a register and be checked out by the powers to be,if it meant it saved the life of one raptor I'd do it right now.

Edited by milo