A Complicated Thing Buying One Of These

About a month ago I read an article on here and watched a couple of YouTube vids and thought seems a good thought I've a few places I can creep about rather than the powerful lamp I use now.

So I thought buy a night vision scope, now I did this about 18 yrs ago and had something mounted on my gun written in Russian and the size of a camera the bbc used to film top of the pops.

Now I'm not the iPod using latest mob phone person I can type with one finger and I know my place in the field is as good as it gets but my place with NV is nil.

I have a spare .22 semi that I would like to permanently mount a nv scope one that I can pop bunny and mr Charlie up to 100yds .

Now when I read articles on here I read ad ons, lasers, Dr someone, things that screw on the front of scopes.

So could someone write the idiots guide to NV for me please I'm not saying money is not an issue but I would rather buy something I could use rather than think I should have bought x.

I've read the NS550 seems popular but do I need all these extras.

Thanks

Photon in basic form would probably do @ £400,some now coming through on the 2nd hand sales etc,it can be upgraded with a yukon lens fitted with one of markys doublers,not sure of the cost of lens and doubler adapter but marky can be found on the night vision forum and would be the best chap to ask,other than the above mod a cheap ir led torch at £43 will improve the photon by all accounts.

If the budget is bigger then the drone pro is now available @ £1500 - £1700 again more info on the nvf from carl etc

Then there is the diy nite site type set ups and from around £150 should get you out to 100yds easy enough,plenty of threads on various forums inc nvf.

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/