Long Neting And Dog.

alrounder

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This I would agree with I remember a night last year nice and dark good breeze I ran out a couple of 50 yarders and bagged a couple of rabbits. All done in total darkness and as I strolled back with m

Just my opinion, I will not tolerate a dog holding/ grabing a rabbit that is in a net purse or long net. The dog should stand over the net and if the rabbit gets out of the net then it is fair game. I

i think the dogs are used ferreting with the aid of a longnet/quickset. i dont think they will be many dogs for night time long netting

A GOOD Net dog, Ferreting or Long Netting, should never touch any Rabbit when in the Nets.........with a lot of the clips on you tube etc it seems more accepted, but I won't tolerate it.

Not an observation or dig on your pics 'CJ', the Topic and your pics just prompted me, each to their own.

• Like 2

A GOOD Net dog, Ferreting or Long Netting, should never touch any Rabbit when in the Nets.........with a lot of the clips on you tube etc it seems more accepted, but I won't tolerate it.

Not an observation or dig on your pics 'CJ', the Topic and your pics just prompted me, each to their own.

If you look at the third photo the pup has held the Rabbit, and on the leave command when I have hold of it, he lets go,

two of the rabbits that day had actually bounced out the net, and would have went down a bury, probably meaning a dig.

but he held them till I got there, I grabbed them, and on leave did so.

He does the same with purse nets he will hold the rabbit in the net till I get there.

I suppose some don't like the dog grabbing in the nets, but each to there own, I do.

• Like 1

my opinion is you are ferreting not long netting..

ferreting with the aid of longnets if there fixed and run from a basket then ferreting with the aid of quicket nets.

i have seen the odd post with a dog mentioned for chasing the rabbits in when long netting at night. for me this would be a long netting dog.

i think if there is a man with a good long net dog it would command big money. for a dog to get around the back of the rabbits and cross the field from left to right and back again etc until it reaches the net would take some training and would be a netting dog solo netters dream of

• Like 2