30 replies to this topic

#16 lapin2008

lapin2008

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:31 pm

If theres plenty on ill pay the lad for gettin me on and the landowner. Its worth £100 for a good days sport

If you put that 100 quid in your petrol tank and spent it all running around trying to get some permission, you could end up with as many days sport as you want!

• Mr Wilkes likes this

#17 Anthony121184

Anthony121184

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:15 pm

If theres plenty on ill pay the lad for gettin me on and the landowner. Its worth £100 for a good days sport

If you put that 100 quid in your petrol tank and spent it all running around trying to get some permission, you could end up with as many days sport as you want!

Not these days

#18 moxy

moxy

the last hope mod

• 8,829 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:39 pm

No it isn't!!

I will be fecked if im paying anyone to control their pests, especially if they demand all the bonus.

I suggest a reproach at your ways at gaining trust and permission 

;)

#19 lapin2008

lapin2008

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:59 pm

Not these days

Seems to work well enough for myself and many others mate, you honestly saying your that desperate for a day out you would come all the way over from lancashire, to pay someone a ton, to kill a handful of rabbits (and it will probably only be a handful) which you then have to hand over at the end of the day?

#20 Anthony121184

Anthony121184

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:22 pm

No it isn't!!

I will be fecked if im paying anyone to control their pests, especially if they demand all the bonus.

I suggest a reproach at your ways at gaining trust and permission 

;)
Ive got thousands of acres of permission fella, im just unlucky this past season or 2 myxi has flattened it

#21 Hot Meat

Hot Meat

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:24 pm

100 quid for a day on bunnys lol when can you get here Anthony? Lol

• TOMO, RubyTex and R.A.W like this

#22 Anthony121184

Anthony121184

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:24 pm

Not these days

Seems to work well enough for myself and many others mate, you honestly saying your that desperate for a day out you would come all the way over from lancashire, to pay someone a ton, to kill a handful of rabbits (and it will probably only be a handful) which you then have to hand over at the end of the day?

All the way over?? I think nothing of driving 100 miles for ferretin infact ill be doing 90 mile on sunday over to york.
If we killed 100 rabbits on that land over a weekend then its worth £100 imo

#23 lapin2008

lapin2008

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:34 pm

Not these days

All the way over?? I think nothing of driving 100 miles for ferretin infact ill be doing 90 mile on sunday over to york.

Not saying its particularly far mate and for a decent day or night its nothing. I was using it as an example of another way in which you will be out of pocket. If it was a day out on some of the famrs here you would get your moneys worth (fuel wise) but your not gonna get 100 rabbits off a country house type bit of land.. they probably think there are loads but they very rarely are, I have a few permissions like this in the Ripon area which I can barely be arsed to go to even though they are on my doorstep.  I get a call from the landowner every year saying can you clear them out they are in plague proportions, get there and there is a dozen max.

Even if it was the most rabbit infested land in the dales you wouldnt get 100 off 8 acres! and even if you could they have to go back to the landowner.

But its your money at the end of the day..

• budharley and Hot Meat like this

#24 Hot Meat

Hot Meat

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:39 pm

I had that many ornamental an country gardens pestering I started charging them a few quid a time, funnyly enough they call about twice a year now, and that's enough to get them done, and the dozens have even turned into a few when they call now, for big numbers you need remote farms..

Edited by Hot Meat, 25 October 2013 - 10:40 pm.

#25 FatBoyFerrets

FatBoyFerrets

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:05 pm

Not these days

I'm new too all this I have been in search of any land availible in york or for someone to teach me!!

#26 Hot Meat

Hot Meat

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:25 pm

Not these days

I'm new too all this I have been in search of any land availible in york or for someone to teach me!!

Somebody get this lad a day out..

• FatBoyFerrets likes this

#27 lapin2008

lapin2008

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:39 pm

Not these days

He can have a look out with me if he sends me a PM and doesnt mind waiting till I have got a house move out the way

I already owe/have promised a few others from here nights/days out on my spots, so i will need to get through my backlog of trips out first lol but am happy to have anyone genuine tag along 

• TOMO, vin and Hot Meat like this

#28 Hot Meat

Hot Meat

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:44 pm

Not these days

He can have a look out with me if he sends me a PM and doesnt mind waiting till I have got a house move out the way

I already owe/have promised a few others from here nights/days out on my spots, so i will need to get through my backlog of trips out first lol but am happy to have anyone genuine tag along 

I'm same mate I dont mind taking folks out and showing them ropes, I've met some real decent folks off this site that way. I Ferret real regular with a guy on here I took out a few years ago, an still meet up with loads others a few times a season, if he can get here he more than welcome

Edited by Hot Meat, 26 October 2013 - 01:45 pm.

• TOMO, vin and lapin2008 like this

#29 FatBoyFerrets

FatBoyFerrets

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:09 pm

Brilliant! I will pm you  lapin2008,

and thanks hot meat!

:)

#30 lapin2008