Ripon Ferreting Day

weekend.rifle

Ripon ferreting 1 time trip not regular.

Hi there I have been asked to get rid of a large number of rabbits from an 8 acre estate. Not a massive plot but plenty of rabbits, but the issue is that the owner does not want to give it as a regular perm, simply to get someone in with ferrets every so often.

So I would like to hear from local people, with all the gear to come and get rid of some one weekend. Although some people are offering money for perm I dont agree wjth it and havent suggested to the owner that they could gain from it, but she does want some meat and I want the hides for taking whoever it is. I dunno if this is resonable or notim sure illget told tho lol :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds to me like this big house wants a job doing for free,,, as you say it's only 8 acre,,,and no permission for regular hunting,,,,   And of course the person doing this should not have to pay ,,

100 quid for a day on bunnys lol when can you get here Anthony? Lol

Not saying its particularly far mate and for a decent day or night its nothing. I was using it as an example of another way in which you will be out of pocket. If it was a day out on some of the famrs

stick with moxy he knows his game & is good at it :thumbs:

Thanks mate but as some shitebag cleared me out i have given up with the ferrets.

I am posting to recommend some good lads, all the gear and all the idea.

No messing. No back tracking and they will get the job done.

;)

Ripon ferreting 1 time trip not regular.

Hi there I have been asked to get rid of a large number of rabbits from an 8 acre estate. Not a massive plot but plenty of rabbits, but the issue is that the owner does not want to give it as a regular perm, simply to get someone in with ferrets every so often.

So I would like to hear from local people, with all the gear to come and get rid of some one weekend. Although some people are offering money for perm I dont agree wjth it and havent suggested to the owner that they could gain from it, but she does want some meat and I want the hides for taking whoever it is. I dunno if this is resonable or notim sure illget told tho lol :)

Sounds to me like this big house wants a job doing for free,,, as you say it's only 8 acre,,,and no permission for regular hunting,,,,

And of course the person doing this should not have to pay ,, i cant belive you mention this,,,,,In my mind the client should be paying for this work... Cos if no one does this ,,,they will be getting a pest control company in to do it.

I hope at least they get a crate of beer ,, or at least a cuppa and a bacon buttie,,, for doing a stranger a favour

• Like 5

So let me get this straight, some big house wants a one time rabbit clearance, they keep the meat, you get the hides and some poor mug does all the graft..... LOL

I don't mind doing these jobs if there's the potential for a decent permission out of it or if it can be done at my leisure or if I'm earning out of it but that sounds awefully like a pro job without the pay....

So let me get this straight, some big house wants a one time rabbit clearance, they keep the meat, you get the hides and some poor mug does all the graft..... LOL

I don't mind doing these jobs if there's the potential for a decent permission out of it or if it can be done at my leisure or if I'm earning out of it but that sounds awefully like a pro job without the pay....

Lol I didnt see the bit where the owners wanted to keep the rabbits, with the OP wanting the skins and the landowners wanting the meat its a roundabout way of saying you have to make them table ready for them...

While we're at it may as well take the rabbits back home, cook them all along with some spuds, veg and all the trimmings. Then drop it off back round the landowners along with a free bottle of wine so that they can enjoy the fruits of your labors :laugh: