Getting The Truth From The Man Himself

Just a quick visit yesterday to catch up with a old friend.

After reading the things I have been doing about a very good friend of mine (Tony Wall) over the past week or so I decided to take a trip up there to see him.

Tony doesn't go on forums or the internet much so I thought it only right for him to address some of the comments.

Lets give the man the chance to tell it as it really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GApfyZMLoY8

Edited by zini
  • Like 10

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick visit yesterday to catch up with a old friend.   After reading the things I have been doing about a very good friend of mine (Tony Wall) over the past week or so I decided to take a tri

Ive said it before and il say it again   I thought my self-fettled, after I fitted a vmack kit myself. hw97kt .177 was the best rifle I had ever fired.. in my eyes it was as smooth as butter and did

The easiest thing in the world is to slag off peoples work , any body can do that ,not just in the tuning of guns but in every trade .Give credit when its due that's what I say .

A good interview that Si :thumbs: well done on letting the man himself putting the record straight .I've never met Tony myself but it pisses me off when someone who's dedicated and obviously loves the job he's doing getting slated through no fault of his own .

Lets hope this video dispels any rumors to which some people are attaching to Sandwell Field Sports :thumbs:

• Like 2

I've had the pleasure of shooting 3 different SFS tuned guns and i couldn't believe how good each one of them was so much so i am selling my pcp gear having already put a deposit down on the Imp and going back to a springer.Somebody hasn't got a clue about tuning or guns themselves if they think filling them with grease is a good thing never mind a tune up.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve and Joey (Fosters15).

Tony as been a friend of mine now for some years and I for 1 know how much work and pride he puts into everyone's rifle, no matter who you are.

The rifle I bought yesterday wasn't a new Imp. If it was I would of been waiting 6 to 8 weeks myself and me and Davy are sponsored by him (no one gets special treatment and fair is fair). The rifle I bought was the test Imp that Tony didn't want to sell at first as he wanted me to get a new one.

It was so good though I had to have it :yes: so he sold it to me, bless him, not without a Tony Wall quick look over though :yes:. Proper gent and quality service.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

Hi Si

I was up there the day before you to pick up my new tuned HW98 - my second SFS tuned air rifle.

Tony is a true gent who has probably forgotten more about air rifles that most other people have learnt in their lifetime. He is always willing to share his experience and knowledge. I learn something new every time I visit the shop and talk to him. After fitting a scope to the HW98 and adjusting the stock to fit me, we went upstairs to the range where he zeroed the scope. After watching me take a few shots he was even able to analyse and advise me on how to improve my shooting technique with regard to my finger position on the trigger blade. That's what I call customer service!

I saw the imp and handled the prototype chieftain - guess I now know what my next purchase is likely to be!

The man's work speaks for itself - he actively encourages you to let him know how you are getting on with his tuned rifles. I'm just hope it stops raining here in Wiltshire so I can get out today and put some pellets through the HW98!

Regards

Mark

• Like 1

That should shut up the ones which slate them off . In my opinion put this up on the bbs forum and let the members on there see the truth .

I will be taking a trip up my self hopefully in the next few weeks .

Nice one Si :thumbs:

• Like 3

Im not on the Airgun BBS VM.

It doesn't matter to some what you do mate. Some cant see further than their own nose anyway.

Im expecting a massive slating from some on the BBS from this clip lol.

Yeah I agree Mark,

Many of us have had more than 1 SFS tuned rifle now.

Me, you, Davy, Aaron, Gary, Mawders and probably many more people that we don't know.

Would we buy twice or more times if the work Tony did was rubbish and just filled with grease? No definitely not. Its lies from silly jealous people. I'm afraid its becoming a normal thing in the UK. Instead of having friendly and professional competition the norm now seems to be to slate your opposition to try and get your own gain.

• Like 3

Yeah I agree Mark,

Many of us have had more than 1 SFS tuned rifle now.

Me, you, Davy, Aaron, Gary, Mawders and probably many more people that we don't know.

Would we buy twice or more times if the work Tony did was rubbish and just filled with grease? No definitely not. Its lies from silly jealous people. I'm afraid its becoming a normal thing in the UK. Instead of having friendly and professional competition the norm now seems to be to slate your opposition to try and get your own gain.

The easiest thing in the world is to slag off peoples work , any body can do that ,not just in the tuning of guns but in every trade .Give credit when its due that's what I say .

• Like 5

Ive said it before and il say it again

I thought my self-fettled, after I fitted a vmack kit myself. hw97kt .177 was the best rifle I had ever fired.. in my eyes it was as smooth as butter and didn't recoil too bad and the trigger was nice.

THEN, I met up with some of the lads for the weekends shoot at rivington and I fired...

Davys s2 97kt nikel, (possibly the best of the lot for me)

Aarons s2 97kt

Si's s1 98

Robs s1 97nikel in 77 stock

Steves 97kt (cant remember which stage 1 or 2)

and that other guys *sorry forgot your name ooops :icon_redface: * stage 1 Spectre (tuned 95k in custom stock)

as well as shoting Pianomans 97k that Andy had tuned, (before the meet)

and Wurz;s HW 4Q beasty customed hw80 with 98 barrel and tuned up..

and ALL OF THEM PUT MY PRIDE AND JOY TO SHAME!!

totally different guns altogether!!

now I own a sfs tuned 98 , and it pissed allover my un tuned HW77k as you can see in my thread from yesterday in ;general airgun discussion;

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/304282-hw-98-77k-good-plink-and-bonus/?do=findComment&comment=3405230

I have never met tony or the team at Sandwell, but I have great respect from the work they do, they are in 1 word AMAZING

it would be a pleasure to meet them

and don't forget RESPECT has to be EARNED not bought

so all these idiots slagging SFS off need to give their heads a wobble!

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 6

This seems the norm in this country at the moment Tim, a shame really.

We do intend to do a tuning episode, we have had it planned a long time now but other things always seem to take priority.

Si.

• Like 1