Night Vision For My Air Rifle

Very little fecking about to tell the truth

Put weaver scope mount on scope and one on camera unscrew lens pop out ir filter screw back together.

Get a 3mm power splitter cable plug cam in and screen adjust focus until sharp job done its basic plug and play stuff

tbh mate id just buy a ready made one then its all done for you yes its a coupe hundred cheaper but no warranty and a lot of f*****g about

Try evo on the pigeon watch forum...he makes them up,no idea of price though as it will depend on what you want etc.

Edited by weebster

I hear the photon is a nice bit of kit for handy money.

Better and a comfier viewing position than the pulsar 550/750 etc....units.

Perfect for airgun ranges.

However i understand it requires a good illuminator.

Having never owned one or trailed one I am only going on positive and trusted opinions. But it's certainly not to be counted out.

Half the fun is in the building of your own, it can be frustrating but the thrill of the first bunny with your own set is priceless. Part way through my own build should be all together by the weekend?. Will put up some pictures when complete.

My friend has the Photon and rates it quite highly.

He uses it on a centrefire rifle, with a Nightmaster 800 IR attached, he shot a lamp shy fox at 170yds weve been after for ages.

He said the body appeared 'fuzzy' against the grey background but was still possible to clearly identify quarry at that range. Eye shine can be seen quite a bit further depending on the IR your using.

So for Rimfire ranges (extreme maximum 100yds) it would be perfect! and maybe overkill for an airrifle??

The Photon is a digital scope, so is basically used like a standard scope but has a screen set in the eye piece not a lens.

Just don't forget about the added weight. Some of the kits we looked at weighed in at almost a kilo and are designed to be used from a supported position.. Thats a lot of extra weight if your walking and trying to shoot free hand with an air rifle.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

tbh mate id just buy a ready made one then its all done for you yes its a coupe hundred cheaper but no warranty and a lot of f*****g about

there's always a warranty...the camera/screen/battery all carry there own 12month warranty's,and if you buy a homebuild "ready built" the maker will surely give a guarantee with it....i know i do. :thumbs: