Veg.. Yes Or No

Just interested if you feed veg or not and if you do what veg. I used to when I first started feeding barf a few years ago, carrot, spinach, broccoli, cabbage etc as well as pasta or rice. Nowadays however I feed just quality ground mince with everything in, as well as wings, bones, carcasses etc. They get the left over veg from the Sunday roast with their tea on the night, but apart from that nothing during the week

Yeh all sorts of veg. Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, peas, suede, potatoes, spinach, cabbage, turnip. Anything really. Also feed a bit of fruit now and then. Banana, apple, pear. All goes down well.

Recently started feeding fruit with natural yoghurt and raw oats in a morning after I saw a mate feeding it and his dogs were in fine fettle.

mine get the usual veg types and i was always led to believe its better to blend it otherwise the dogs dont get much from it,our kenwood mixer is used 3/4 times a week think the missus might have got the hint by now to do some home baking but sure she cocks a deaf un when im using it :laugh:

Edited by hunter1372

Bitch had sardines, dry no grain food with raw shredded cabbage for her evening meal

Pasta and mince with half a tin of tomatoes ready for her morning feed

Cooked 4 large sprouting potatoes in the oven so she she will get them mashed up with a bit of dry food, mince and cooked cabbage for a meal tomorrow.

Hancock bred her but I'm doing the rest

Do you think the fruit and veg makes a big difference to your dogs. I'm looking into feeding it again with the raw food but am still undecided on if there is any real benefit? Like I say I used to feed it and since I've stop I've not noticed anything different in the dogs at all. They still get eggs once a week, yoghurt, bits of Apple, carrot etc just not with every meal. I don't feed a dry food either, preferring too stick to raw throughout, so if adding a bit of spinach, cabbage etc will give them added nutrients/vitamins that they won't get in the meat and bones, then I think I will start adding some.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm lucky (or unlucky if I think of the cost :laugh:) in that my missis is old school and does roast dinners 3 or 4 times a week, so theres always veg left for the dog.

Unfortunately one or other of my grown up kids and their families always manages to invite themselves so my gas bill is through the roof.