What Cartridges And Chokes For Geese ... And Ducks?!?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've read through most of the comments on this thread and come to the conclusion ..   If anyone who is just starting out wildfowling comes onto this forum looking for any information and advice ..

I did not advice to use 6s I said use 5,6 to shoot duck s I said I think its overkill using 42 g or 56gr 1s ...I have shot lots of geese with duck catridges as I use a semi and sometimes when your out

Aye, by Weight Watchers !

Posted Images

I've read through most of the comments on this thread and come to the conclusion ..

If anyone who is just starting out wildfowling comes onto this forum looking for any information and advice .. then would be devastated at half the comments on hear and find know help at all .. shooting geese with 5s 6s . Is just showing a lack of respect for your quarry ...

If you was going to fell a tree you wouldn't take a hand saw would you .. you would take a chainsaw ...

Let's not forget people it's all about a quick clean kill ..

• Like 5

I've read through most of the comments on this thread and come to the conclusion ..

If anyone who is just starting out wildfowling comes onto this forum looking for any information and advice .. then would be devastated at half the comments on hear and find know help at all .. shooting geese with 5s 6s . Is just showing a lack of respect for your quarry ...

If you was going to fell a tree you wouldn't take a hand saw would you .. you would take a chainsaw ...

Let's not forget people it's all about a quick clean kill ..

so true
  • Like 1

I did not advice to use 6s I said use 5,6 to shoot duck s I said I think its overkill using 42 g or 56gr 1s ...I have shot lots of geese with duck catridges as I use a semi and sometimes when your out on the mud and that is what you have loaded you sometimes don't have time to change to a heavier load but that's wildfowling and the skill is to know if you can take that shot to produce a clean kill...I have priked plenty and anyone who says they haven't are lying or have not done a lot of fowling .imo using the big heavy loads gives lads a false sence of security and makes lads take they high shots priking a lot of stuff that's why im against steel it just doesn't have the same punch as lead .

On our main spot Montrose Basin you can t use lead and this is kept in force by wardens who will spot check your birds ....so if you are on the mud and you see a priked bird no one is picking them as you don't know who shot or if it was with lead so imo the lead ban is not working .

For Les to come on here saying he has shot more in a week than lads have in a lifetime when he knows nothing about them says a lot about him I shoot a big number of ducks and geese in a season .....Ive been on the mud since I was 6 I grew up fowling my dad had me out leaning the trade in all weathers ...I could strip and re assemble an old berretta 302 at that age and at 40 it is still mine and most the lads I shoot with main type of shooting because of the area we stay in .

post-88284-0-69807000-1385927417_thumb.jpg

My young lad heading out to the ducks at 6 years old he can call pinks as good as some men but still hasn't mastered the duck call

• Like 4

FFS is this the wildfowling section or the primary school section

It's not even banter it's just immature bickering, for anyone new reading this thread please be rest assured not all Wildfowlers act like 5 year olds.

I like nothing but a laugh and a bit of banter but can we try and get this forum back to wildfowling advice and conversation?

• Like 2