Need Some Recommendations On Which Boots To Buy

For serious digging and bags of permission.... Fell Boots :yes:

For everything else, anything flexible....!!!! :whistling:

do you know were i got my fell boots from? i was helping a old woman from the village do her garden, and their on the rockery was a old hobnailed pair of fell boots like garden orniments she said they have been their for years so i said can i have them :boogy: a wee scrum and dub and thier fine! :toast::toast:

• Like 1

Now i mostly agree in you get what you pay for but at £200 +....Are they 'That' good to justify £70 more than Iowa?

i honestly think so, i realy do, when mine die ile be getting more....

no chance.....

lowa and altberg are the best....

lowa are the toughest.....

altberg the comfiest.....

• Like 1

lowas too heavy IMO for everyday walking...

I use my Lowa combat gtx for hill walking do 12 miles no bother in them.

Brilliant boots, got them before I heard of Altberg so will buy them again, well worth the cash.

I do that sort of distance in my Lowa gtx,s and dont know iam wearing them, great boot IMO, buster.

Brilliant boots, got them before I heard of Altberg so will buy them again, well worth the cash.

I do that sort of distance in my Lowa gtx,s and dont know iam wearing them, great boot IMO, buster.
buy a pair of altberg sneekers.....

then put the lowas back on.....

feels like youve got bags of sand stuck to your knees :laugh: ....

Edited by B.P.R

buy a pair of altberg sneekers.....

then put the lowas back on.....

feels like youve got bags of sand stuck to your knees :laugh: ....

Iam a Yorkshire man, i,v only got one pair of feet so i only have one pair of boots :laugh: , a scott ought to know better :tongue2: , atb, buster.

• Like 2

Alright lads after not even getting any proper usage out of my dioto boots before they started to leak and fall apart I need some proper boots what would use recommend, That I'll get a good fee years from? Cheers bazil

Brasher Superlites

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brasher-Superlite-ll-Black-Fully-Goretex-Size-Uk-10-5-Unworn-Rrp-144-99-/281194494440?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item41787f79e8

Had mine now for 6 years still going strong and dry as an old biddys fadge although i have to say it i do look after them and clean them off and dubbin then after everytime i go out, but its paid off doing so.

Cheers

Stu

Edited by Caprelous

Alright lads after not even getting any proper usage out of my dioto boots before they started to leak and fall apart I need some proper boots what would use recommend, That I'll get a good fee years from? Cheers bazil

what model were your diottos mate. i was going to order a pair today and just seen this post.. heard more good than bad about theese, . so thats me undecided......again. :hmm:

Just got my meindl dovre extreme boots through the post, the difference compared to my diottos is plain to see, put them on and it was like a pair of slippers compared to diotto a lot lighter and more comfertable. Time Will tell if they Will proform for me so fingers x'd I'll have better luck with these, any one recommend me what's best to put on them to protectt them?

Edited by Bazil brush

Get yourself a pair of lowas of this site or meidls, read this thread mate, be the worst thing you ever do getting them boots wish I would of listened, didn't even get any proper use from mine.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/258901-diotto-boots-scratch-resistant/?fromsearch=1

yep, i know the lowas and meindls are good, just fancied a change. You never said what style you had.? i see theres a new style for winter 2013 the "Trinafour" and they do look the biz...also Black islander used to deal with diotto but not now. and a keeper friend would still have the B I' s but the heather burning saw an end to them and he swore by them...again my heads pickled as what to get.....it might just be a case of "better the devil you know" and go with the dovre's, but i've always been a twisted c@nt and got to be different. :hunter: ...just to add, theese will be used for shooting,rough walking and not for digging. ive got a pair of gronnell 4 season boots that will do for that, size 9 for sale :whistling:

Just got my meindl dovre extreme boots through the post, the difference compared to my diottos is plain to see, put them on and it was like a pair of slippers compared to diotto a lot lighter and more comfertable. Time Will tell if they Will proform for me so fingers x'd I'll have better luck with these, any one recommend me what's best to put on them to protectt them?

Here you go mate...

Altbergs top drawer old school option...

http://www.altberg.co.uk/leder-gris/product/leder-gris-original/

some say you're actually waxing the heather as you walk through it!

Or, this is a moden silicone option, from Scarpa, recomended to me from a chap that has walked in Napal every year for the last 12 years!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scarpa-HS12-Cream/dp/B002H55W2C/ref=sr_1_1/279-3360105-5317920?ie=UTF8&qid=1383950592&sr=8-1&keywords=scarpa+cream

me.... i've got the leder-gris..

:thumbs: