Minkenry

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find most falconers get a kick out of the sport I've invented, so I thought I would share it with you guys. I was originally invited to join this group by someone on the ferreting side of this websi

Thanks every one!   Here's a fishing video I made....       Here's a video of my mink playing in the snow...       Here's a young mink in training killing a muskrat. Sorry for the ho

Here's a few more you may enjoy....   http://youtu.be/WnrDEzo1B5k   This isn't much of a hunting video, as my mink just walks in and grabs the rat. I think this video is interesting because it sho

Hi joseph What about the mink you send in the chicken shed and the mink doesn't take any notice of the chicken around him and he gos straight to the rat and puts it in the carrier?

Haha just seen it on the other page silly me. That is amazing what you can do with a mink

Edited by davey869

Hi joseph What about the mink you send in the chicken shed and the mink doesn't take any notice of the chicken around him and he gos straight to the rat and puts it in the carrier?

Haha just seen it on the other page silly me. That is amazing what you can do with a mink

Thanks. :-)

Thanks every one!

Here's a fishing video I made....

Here's a video of my mink playing in the snow...

Here's a young mink in training killing a muskrat. Sorry for the horrible camera work.

Absolutely amazing!!!!

I'm in awe of this but tell me, did you have a few accidents at first???

Accidents??? Do you mean getting bitten, or loosing the mink? Accidents still happen, both ways. Except with the loosing mink, most end up finding their way home. I have one mink I've lost for 3 weeks straight, and still got her back! She's like a homing mink! ha ha ha

Interesting to see how maneuverable it is in the water, its no wonder they have been so devastating to the local wildlife over here.

Keep up the good work

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Last weekend I decided to mix things up, and do a little minkenry and falconry in the same day. It's been a long time since I've flown birds, and it was a blast! Friday we started out watching several merlins fly on flocks of starlings near some mink farms in the river bottoms, then moved on to hunting rabbits out in the desert. We didn't have any luck catching rabbits with the goshawk, because the weather was just too warm, making the hawk lazy for the weight she was at. So we hooded the hawk, and pulled out my mink, and she nailed a rabbit the second hole she went down! She rode the rabbit out of the hole, lost the rabbit for a moment, then chased the rabbit around the sage brush until it tried to put into a brush pile where she caught it a second time.

On Saturday we spent the morning watching the big falcons stoop racing homers. After watching a bunch of flights, we then went out to find more rabbits. One guy tried to fly a male goshawk, but didn't have any luck. The guy with the female did Harris hawk didn't get anything ether. I got bored of watching birds not catch anything, so I skipped out of the flight with the second goshawk, and went to a near by field to work rabbits with my mink.

She ran around searching holes for rabbits without any luck. After 30-40 minutes of not chasing any rabbits in the gully, we picked Thioⁿba up and carried her to a bunch of brush piles where we quickly found some rabbits. Here's the video of our hunt....

http://youtu.be/IyAlexX9Z7M

• Like 1