Hunting With Trained Mink

Minkenry

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find most falconers get a kick out of the sport I've invented, so I thought I would share it with you guys. I was originally invited to join this group by someone on the ferreting side of this websi

Thanks every one!   Here's a fishing video I made....       Here's a video of my mink playing in the snow...       Here's a young mink in training killing a muskrat. Sorry for the ho

Here's a few more you may enjoy....   http://youtu.be/WnrDEzo1B5k   This isn't much of a hunting video, as my mink just walks in and grabs the rat. I think this video is interesting because it sho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When i first seen the topic title i thought it was going to be a wind up..but all i can say.. Wow...you had me glued to the screen watching them video clip's.. excellent stuff...keep up the good work and get some more clip's flung up.. :victory:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks every one!

Here's a fishing video I made....

Here's a video of my mink playing in the snow...

Here's a young mink in training killing a muskrat. Sorry for the horrible camera work.

Absolutely amazing!!!!

I'm in awe of this but tell me, did you have a few accidents at first???

Accidents??? Do you mean getting bitten, or loosing the mink? Accidents still happen, both ways. Except with the loosing mink, most end up finding their way home. I have one mink I've lost for 3 weeks straight, and still got her back! She's like a homing mink! ha ha ha

• Like 5

That video with the Muskrat.....couldnt quite see properly was your Mink fighting it in the mouth first of all ?....I could see it ended up on the back of the head just couldnt work out the start.....if it was then it takes a seriously intense animal to start out fighting mouth to mouth like that......very impressive little critter you have there......been a great topic this dont be shy with the vids :thumbs:

That video with the Muskrat.....couldnt quite see properly was your Mink fighting it in the mouth first of all ?....I could see it ended up on the back of the head just couldnt work out the start.....if it was then it takes a seriously intense animal to start out fighting mouth to mouth like that......very impressive little critter you have there......been a great topic this dont be shy with the vids :thumbs:

Yeah sorry, I did and absolutely HORRIBLE job with that video! Yes the mink started out with a hold on the muskrat's nose. I've seen 3 different mink do that before. However, most mink quickly switch to a hold on the back of the neck as soon as possible, so they can actually kill the muskrat. This was the first prey this young mink had ever seen, and she didn't quite know what to do, so she just dragged the muskrat around by the nose for a bit, and then near the end of the video, she switched to driving a deep hold to the back of the neck like she should of done in the first place.

For the last several months I have been writing my book on Minkenry. I just did an inventory on my book, and so far I've written 76 pages. Wow, that's a lot! But I still have plenty to write! I hope you guys enjoy the finished product when I am finally done! :-)

• Like 3