• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thunderbelly

I assume you have a gas grill? if you do, get some wood chips (fruit trees are best, NEVER deciduous (sp?)) soak them for about 45 minutes in water, drain and wrap in alluminum foil.

light one burner on your grill and get the temperature up to 200.

when your grill is at 200 place the rabbit over the un lit side and the wood chips directly on the flames.

monitor the temperature and never let the grill get above 225

cook the game meat about 30-45 minute per pound and brush on a thin sauce (vinegar based) once an hour or so.

If you want, when I get home I'll post a nice seasoning you can apply the night before.

Guest thunderbelly

Try this

1 tablespoon packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper

1 1/2 tablespoon white pepper

1 1/2 tablespoon celery salt

1/2 to 1 tablespoon cayenne

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

1/4 teaspoon dried mustard

2 rabbits (quartered) @ 2 1/2 pounds each bunny

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon creole mustard

combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. massage the rabbit with the oil and mustard and rub dry ingredients evenly over rabbit. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.

remove the rabbit from the fridge and place in a glass ovenproof dish. cover the meat with a yard long piece of damp cheesecloth folded to fit.

cook for about 1 1/4 hours on the grill at 200 F Keep the cheesecloth moist with warm water.

• 1 month later...
Guest brindle

Take one rabbit,cut it up into pieces.

Place pieces into a covered pot,cover with water and some chopped onion,garlic,herbs(whatever takes ya fancy).

Put the lid on,bring to the boil then turn it down and let it simmer till the meat is just startin to come off the bones.

Take the pieces out,let them cool,wrap a rasher of bacon around each piece,(hold bacon on with a toothpick).

Then dip each piece in flour,egg and breadcrumbs and fry in oil.

Remove toothpicks and serve. :yes::yes:

• 1 month later...

try this ,bone your rabbit as best you can to try and keep meat in as large pieces as poss ,lay the largest piece flat,add the rest on top, roll into one and tie it up, simmer the boned joint in butter in a frying pan untill cooked then add your chopped up leftover potatoes and veg from your sunday roast,proper bubble and squeak. dont over cook the rabbit or it gets chewy as *uck

• 4 weeks later...

treat it like chicken use it in curry.i had a receipe that was a curry and used a tin of pineapple it was best i ever tasted but lost it when i split with first missus.if you want to fool kids even more soak meat in milk it should bleach it white so it looks like supermarket chicken.

old hugh done bunny burgers and bunny kebabs for the river cottage glutton they looked real appetising

yeah he has good ideas but would you eat from a bloke that cooked and ate his wifes after birth :icon_eek: when i lived in dorset i worked with wife of the gardener of neighbouring property.and hugh was only there to film, someone else fed stock.i remember the lightweight landrover being for sale in adtrader for about 1700quid.after they had finished filming. :11:

• 1 month later...
Guest huntermatt

Apart from putting in oven an roasting or plopping in pot with veggies,,,, :good:

rabbit tikka masala

1 onion chopped up

handfull of frozen peas

2 jars of tikka masala sauce

a few musrooms sliced up

stir fry the mushrooms,onion and frozen peas untill cooked

heres the meat

1 boiled rabbit take the meat off the bone and put in the stirfry with all the mushrooms and stuff then add the sauce cook again untill the sauce is thouroughly cooked and then serve curry on a bed of rice

• 2 weeks later...

RABBIT CHASSAURE. back legs and saddle. in a cassarole pot , 1 onion, 2-3 carrots potatoes, 2 leeks chopp them all up. and a packet of chassaure mix from cross and blackwell, shwarts. or asda's own. mix the contents of the packet with the required amount of water. put evrything in the pot cook in the oven for about 2 hours stiring evry 20-30 mins. . BOOOTIFUL :D

• 2 months later...