Airgun Permision In Aberdeenshire

maybe there should be some rules for new members, can only post in certin forums untill they reach a number of posts(easy to setup). in the time i takes to reach a number of posts they will know how forums works, get to know rules more.. might help avoid same posts all the time and new member bashing??

I take your point it would stop the two post man annoying us all asking us to let them out on our permissions that most have worked hard to get/keep, to be fair I dont think they get bashed, If they are too dense to realise the error of their ways then they deserve a bit of slow timing/winding up.

• Like 1

That's the thing mate, the likes of us will do that, but some people are either just to damn lazy, or scared to ask permission, and want it off the backs of people who can be arsed, there is a shooting acquaintance of mine, who I will not take out any more, he simply will not get off his arse and ask, he has no land of his own at all, but is happy to go out on other peoples, so I will not take him out any more, the man infuriates me, but to hear him talk in the pub he has land from here to lands end, no these types deserve the piss taking.

Sorry guys, I don't want to get into no arguments on here.

It is not for the lack of trying nor the to fact I go round wearing tracksuit bottoms when asking for permision.

It is usualy because the farmers have people already shooting the ground.

I understand it was a long shot posting on here.

I am sorry that I am new to this forum and have not put up much posts, but I personaly don't think that a snide comment slating new commers to the forum over and over deserves a post rating.

Matthew

• Like 1

Matt, i know what it is like to be new and struggling to get ground in Aberdeenshire, now i am in a different situation and cannot get onto some of the ground i have year on year.

I will be happy to take you out, lets see how you shoot and if all goes well i can introduce you to some land owners, it is then up to you to keep them! I also have a couple of friends who are pro guides and are often looking to make up numbers or to help with vermin control, i used to be out with them all the time, though i rarely have enough time now but once i have introduced you, it is up to you and them!

contact me by pm and we can see when we can hook up.

• Like 4

Matt, i know what it is like to be new and struggling to get ground in Aberdeenshire, now i am in a different situation and cannot get onto some of the ground i have year on year. I will be happy to take you out, lets see how you shoot and if all goes well i can introduce you to some land owners, it is then up to you to keep them! I also have a couple of friends who are pro guides and are often looking to make up numbers or to help with vermin control, i used to be out with them all the time, though i rarely have enough time now but once i have introduced you, it is up to you and them! contact me by pm and we can see when we can hook up.

Is one of the guides M F ? You'll no doubt know Fergie too? Funny old f****r :-)

Had a heap if sport up there around maud, new deer, fyvie, etc

Those are not ones i know, I know John Lewis and Ian Gill well, and have shot with them both many times. The sport can be spectacular up here

Here is a couple from from last week, 2 of four i managed to grass, not taken with the air rifle i must add! These fellas need the 30:06 during the rutt. Taken up in Caithness

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

• Like 1

That is right, he is in Montrose guiding now. He has invited me down a few times now but i have always been busy. I have met up with him a couple of times, and serviced all his waders. By all accounts he sounds like he is doing well