How Far Will 150K Go Toward Buying The Land For A Small Shoot?

not big enough ,u may get a bit of wood and paddock but you could beat it through in no time.also if you dont own or have rights to adjoining property you cant get on your wandered birds.you be throwing you cash in the wind.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

would that be renting the sporting rights? or land or both? is it best to rent or buy and how many acres do you think a small shoot would need? thanks in advance

Yes 15-20 acres` is a small shoot, but it can be done providing you don't overshoot it, an old shooting pal of mine ran just such a concern, and some very happy days and evenings I remember there, 5 g

And how much will that be?.....

Yes 15-20 acres` is a small shoot, but it can be done providing you don't overshoot it, an old shooting pal of mine ran just such a concern, and some very happy days and evenings I remember there, 5 grand an acre is more like it in the peak district, so I suspect this land may not have had sporting rights, but I am sure the little man will enlighten us :thumbs:

since you asked like that old man..

no your wrong it does come with sporting rights. access was the problem in my opinion, and if you read my comment it said sssi. hence the low price.

Yes 15-20 acres` is a small shoot, but it can be done providing you don't overshoot it, an old shooting pal of mine ran just such a concern, and some very happy days and evenings I remember there, 5 grand an acre is more like it in the peak district, so I suspect this land may not have had sporting rights, but I am sure the little man will enlighten us :thumbs:

You say 'ran'..... Out of interest what sort of days did he have, what was the bag numbers??

I think ran was the wrong choice of words, more like a bimble around,for the odd pheasant that strayed from neighbouring shoots, I think the best bag we ever had was twelve, lol, but the flight pond, well now that was brilliant, he only allowed it to be shot once a month, but we nearly always got a good bag of teal and mallard, that was back in the 80s, and he has long since joined the great majority.

we pay a couple of grand rent for a massive moorland edge of shooting rights. with 150k i could have it the best shoot for miles around for quite a long time. If i had that money id try and buy a lake with a couple of acres around it in a good area for duck and geese plus stock it with trout and rent whore for a season.

we pay a couple of grand rent for a massive moorland edge of shooting rights. with 150k i could have it the best shoot for miles around for quite a long time. If i had that money id try and buy a lake with a couple of acres around it in a good area for duck and geese plus stock it with trout and rent whore for a season.

And how much will that be?..... :whistling::laugh:

• Like 1

I went to look at a woodland a few days ago. just short of 30 acres. sssi! 3k an acre.

Was the SSSI bit a Joke or a key slip?

If not I don't think you'll ever get permission to shoot over an Site of Special Scientific Interest!

Tell you what..... Give me 150k and you can shoot on my land whenever you like. It 17 acres and I'll even stick 50 birds down.

When do I get my cheque? Lol

A lot of our land is sssi we shoot, stalk and do what ever we want and its all part of natural England. There more interested in the oaks,insects and bats ,more then anything. All land have different rules make sure you read all agreements and contracts especially the small print.