How Far Will 150K Go Toward Buying The Land For A Small Shoot?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

would that be renting the sporting rights? or land or both? is it best to rent or buy and how many acres do you think a small shoot would need? thanks in advance

Yes 15-20 acres` is a small shoot, but it can be done providing you don't overshoot it, an old shooting pal of mine ran just such a concern, and some very happy days and evenings I remember there, 5 g

And how much will that be?.....

150k can go a long, long way! rent depends on the type of terrain you want, I dare say that most DIY shoots come in at under 15k a year rent!

would that be renting the sporting rights? or land or both?

is it best to rent or buy and how many acres do you think a small shoot would need?

thanks in advance

• Like 1

A small shoot would get by with 10-15 acres, if its got a bit of woodland and a pond, or you are able to make a pond, the age old problem of course is, how far the land is from home, its no good putting birds down and not being able to go and see to them, otherwise you might as well p-ss the money up the wall, however if someone in the shoot can go and do it then that's a different matter,I will keep an ear to the ground mate,sounds like a good plan land is always a wise investment, they are not making any more.

A small shoot would get by with 10-15 acres, if its got a bit of woodland and a pond, or you are able to make a pond, the age old problem of course is, how far the land is from home, its no good putting birds down and not being able to go and see to them, otherwise you might as well p-ss the money up the wall, however if someone in the shoot can go and do it then that's a different matter,I will keep an ear to the ground mate,sounds like a good plan land is always a wise investment, they are not making any more.

You may get by with a few ducks or pigeons but forget about pheasants.

my wood is bigger than that :laugh::laugh:

10-15 acres is a VERY small shoot.

That would take you a morning to clear of anything!

10-15 acres of wood, now that's more like it.

£3k an acre seems cheap :hmm:

Were you getting the shooting rights with it for that? or, was it attached to another few Hundred acres.....? ie- were you just getting the chance to buy a 'portion' of a wood?

Yes 15-20 acres` is a small shoot, but it can be done providing you don't overshoot it, an old shooting pal of mine ran just such a concern, and some very happy days and evenings I remember there, 5 grand an acre is more like it in the peak district, so I suspect this land may not have had sporting rights, but I am sure the little man will enlighten us :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yes 15-20 acres` is a small shoot, but it can be done providing you don't overshoot it, an old shooting pal of mine ran just such a concern, and some very happy days and evenings I remember there, 5 grand an acre is more like it in the peak district, so I suspect this land may not have had sporting rights, but I am sure the little man will enlighten us :thumbs:

You say 'ran'..... Out of interest what sort of days did he have, what was the bag numbers??