Hw77K .177 Out-Of-Box Review, With Oss

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. Introuducing FAJ, my brand new- straight out of the box air rifle, costing over £350 the hw77k .177 !

First impressions-, very nice balance and a nice finish to the exterior of the rifle with a lovely stock.

Second impressions-, cocking the rifle is, well.. horrid! very grindy and quite stiff, ive seen better Gamo rifles straight out of the box.

Third impressions-, Shooting the rifle.. When Aaron (Risingfriend) describes a spring-loaded rifle as a 'boinger' he must have seen rifles similar to this to give them this nickname!! BOIIIIIIINGGG goes the hw77k on release of the -not too bad- trigger.

Fourth impressions-, Accuracy! well it is a hw77k afterall so im under no illusion that this rifle, combined of course with a good pellet will produce pellet-on-pellet accuracy at decent range, in the right hands (not mine tho haha)

so heres a quick video showing the grindy rough cocking and the horrific boiiiiiiiiiing of the shot, and the not too bad recoil of this rifle.

and a few pics aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOa7hiuEZu0

20131008_170627_zpsdef54a4b.jpg

20131008_170650_zpsb19ffc26.jpg

20131008_170704_zps61d0c12b.jpg

20131008_170729_zpsa22c532b.jpg

in true Milegajo style I have done a very scientific 'accuracy test' at 8, yes EIGHT, yards with the rifles iron sights :laugh::laugh: shooting into the bathroom LOL

the paper states pellets were 5.53 FTT but I realised that they actually were 4.50. FTT after I took the pics. LOL

20131008_172315_zps54e6bfab.jpg

20131008_172326_zps1c13666f.jpg

20131008_172617_zps536d750a.jpg

20131008_172624_zpsef20ad46.jpg

20131008_172800_zps01fc67f4.jpg

I will either be sending it to SFS at somepoint, or have it as a winter project for myself to smooth out and relube , it was just going to be my plinker anyway and I might get a cheap hawke sport hd scope for it, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it though.

as well as the hw100kt .22 I have for mainly hunting, and the rifle I am awaiting delivery of on Saturday to use as my main target/competition rifle I will be a 3-gun-man once again and spoilt for choice :D

thanks for reading haha hope I didn't bore you to death, any questions please feel free to comment below.

by the way FAJ stands for, Friday afternoon job :laugh::thumbs:

Regards, One Shot SKoT :victory:

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skot, that is a thing of beauty! Love the new style stock, honestly mate I think it looks amazing. I think the '77's look great, possibly better than the '97. They're just different. If the spring ins

feckin boingers i tell ye looks nice though skot very nice, i agree with elliott its a cracker. oh and elliott sell us your stock mate LOL. get a tin through it then a strip bit of a polish and relu

You can actually hear the spring twang after the shot is released.   For a HW that finish of internals is pants.   What are they doing at HW?

Something must be in the air, but your rifle sounds noisy. Just got my hands on an HW77, but mine is from 1993, so has the 25mm piston! It is scruffy, needs rebluing, but it does work, nicely! Don't know if it has ever been tuned, but it is a 77!

I had the bath running in the background lol

Extreme way to reduce shot noise, do you get many rabbits on the landing then?

Something must be in the air, but your rifle sounds noisy. Just got my hands on an HW77, but mine is from 1993, so has the 25mm piston! It is scruffy, needs rebluing, but it does work, nicely! Don't know if it has ever been tuned, but it is a 77!

I had the bath running in the background lol

Extreme way to reduce shot noise, do you get many rabbits on the landing then?

get the odd few :laugh:

Skot, that is a thing of beauty! Love the new style stock, honestly mate I think it looks amazing. I think the '77's look great, possibly better than the '97. They're just different. If the spring inside isn't too bad I'd be tempted to just shoot it and let it bed in before thinking about tuning it :victory: Didn't sound too bad on the camera, I wonder if it didn't quite pick up the noise properly? :hmm:

Here's a picture of mine that I took the other day. 28 years old and still going strong. This rifle will never be sold, far too much sentimental value!

IMG_20131008_080406_zps2dc36583.jpg

• Like 3

You do right keeping that Elliot mate!

if it had stipling/chequering on the forestock it could look better than mine :tongue2:

they are better looking rifles than the 97, I don't like the silencer- I think it looks better just a barrel and underlever, more old-fashioned? :blink: lol

the 97kt stock looks best imo then the 97k then the old style 77 with the round cheekpiece

this one is quite nice tho, feels really well balanced, cant wait to get a scope on her, the comb is definitely too high to use the Irons

I might end up picking up a 97 thumbhole beech stock for it if I cant get on with it like this, I do like the thumbhole, I will give it time tho

----------

and Rob all will be revealed in due time lmao its our little secret :whistling::laugh::laugh:

As for the noise reduction kit, AKA the bath - I didn't do that on purpose lol

it does sound quite twangy, roughly the same as the .22 hw97kt I bought last year brand new, but not as twangy as my hw95k .177 was from new.

a relube really sorted the 95 out it was a very quiet rifle after I stripped it down and had a fettle.

alas we should not have to do weihrauchs job for them in fine finishing a product that should be perfect to begin with for the price they charge.

wont be buying another new HW after this. second hand all the way

mind you im set for all scenarios with the 3 rifles I will have on Saturday when my next one arrives.

unless I fancy a change AGAIN :huh::laugh::laugh:

You copying Me again Skot :laugh:

I was one of the first to have the New style stock but in Man cal not the Pinkie cal :tongue2:,

3 guns You Greedy Git ;) 2 Gun Daz for Me as i'm Poor :icon_redface:

atvb Daz 7.

huh. rapid =1

hw100? =2

shotgun=3

??

just need to christen the butt of this rifle with some nutkins head blood in true daz7 nutkins modelling style now don't I lol

• Like 1

You copying Me again Skot :laugh:

I was one of the first to have the New style stock but in Man cal not the Pinkie cal :tongue2:,

3 guns You Greedy Git ;) 2 Gun Daz for Me as i'm Poor :icon_redface:

atvb Daz 7.

huh. rapid =1

hw100? =2

shotgun=3

??

just need to christen the butt of this rifle with some nutkins head blood in true daz7 nutkins modelling style now don't I lol

The Shottie don't count :laugh::laugh::tongue2:

Not an Air Rifle but an out an out Killing Machine that's Fecking amazing !!!!!! Do love a good Semi Auto :icon_redface:;)

feckin boingers i tell ye :victory: looks nice though skot very nice, i agree with elliott its a cracker. oh and elliott sell us your stock mate LOL. get a tin through it then a strip bit of a polish and relube a she will sing the gentle boinging song mate. :thumbs:

No chance, I paid £40 for it :tongue2:

:thumbs:

• Like 1