over the years i have owned several night vision units the worst by far was the n550 it was the most awkward to use the controls were in the wrong place so

you had to stretch more than was comfortable to adjust the focus on the from right hand side of the scope in fact you had to take the gun out of your shoulder

to adjust it then look through it to see if it was in focus the image was very poor for animal recognition.

the optical night vision i found better in fact i used my yukon night vision scope more because it was easier to make out what you were looking at because it was

an optical image but needed a good ir to get the best out of it but it worked really good.

then i got a sniper cam digital night vision recording unit which i swapped for my n550 plus cash and have never looked back the image is crisp and clear at any distance

with a simple adjustment under the eyepiece so easy to use.and if you couple it with a led ir its the dogs nuts.recoding couldn't be simpler you either press the record button on the unit

or you have a flying lead the you attach to the side of your stock so when your looking through the unit you can just press the record button and hey presto its recording.

and the recorded image compared to the n550 is so must crisper its unbelievable.

i now only use the sniper cam for all my hunting although i do have other night vision units i never touch them now they are only there just in case i need back up

but as yet i have never needed them.

the recoding quality on the n550 and n750 is for want of a better word crap.

i would never buy a n550 or n750 ever again.

if you want to record any images then 100% try the sniper cam and remember it can record DAY or NIGHT so you can use it for your daytime shooting.

this is my real experience speaking with an unbiased opinion.

feel free to ask any questions or pm me if you want.

i hope this helps

Cheers

Daz

over the years i have owned several night vision units the worst by far was the n550 it was the most awkward to use the controls were in the wrong place so

you had to stretch more than was comfortable to adjust the focus on the from right hand side of the scope in fact you had to take the gun out of your shoulder

to adjust it then look through it to see if it was in focus the image was very poor for animal recognition.

the optical night vision i found better in fact i used my yukon night vision scope more because it was easier to make out what you were looking at because it was

an optical image but needed a good ir to get the best out of it but it worked really good.

then i got a sniper cam digital night vision recording unit which i swapped for my n550 plus cash and have never looked back the image is crisp and clear at any distance

with a simple adjustment under the eyepiece so easy to use.and if you couple it with a led ir its the dogs nuts.recoding couldn't be simpler you either press the record button on the unit

or you have a flying lead the you attach to the side of your stock so when your looking through the unit you can just press the record button and hey presto its recording.

and the recorded image compared to the n550 is so must crisper its unbelievable.

i now only use the sniper cam for all my hunting although i do have other night vision units i never touch them now they are only there just in case i need back up

but as yet i have never needed them.

the recoding quality on the n550 and n750 is for want of a better word crap.

i would never buy a n550 or n750 ever again.

if you want to record any images then 100% try the sniper cam and remember it can record DAY or NIGHT so you can use it for your daytime shooting.

this is my real experience speaking with an unbiased opinion.

feel free to ask any questions or pm me if you want.

i hope this helps

Cheers

Daz

Thankyou for the reply, and quite some insight, its the first real bad review I have heard as yet.

However, most seems based on the recording function, and that is something I am really not interested in, I just want to be able to shoot !

It is the second comment about the controls been in the wrong place though, seems I really need to get my hands on one and see how I find it.

Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to post, good or bad, all opinions count when spending the hard earned !

Rob.

if you have a look at my videos i have no problem with zeroing on any rifle as long as the rifle is already zeroed in correctly it just the same as looking through your scope.

and as for big screen you are not looking at a big square screen like some other inferior products.you are looking into a scope eyepiece.

i get what you are saying about add ons but i have used both over the years and they all have there drawbacks.

but i have found that what most people do is say what they have is best and that is the worst kind of review or advice you can be given.

i found the view in the pulsar to be mediocre at best but its a modern bit of kit and is better than what most people had before so they think its the dogs nuts

but in fact they have not tried gen3 for instance so they are at best blinkered in there opinion.

the view i get from the unit i use is like seeing a good quality image on your tv and as clear as you could possibly expect.

if i thought the pulsar was as good as the sniper cam or the yukon sentinel why did i get rid of the pulsar ask yourself that question.

because they are crap compared to anything else you can get for the same money.

by that i mean you can pick up a PVRS14 Gen3 for around £1200 and now lets see you or anyone tell me that there night vision is better than the pvrs14.

which by the way is what our special forces use.

but even they have one drawback and that is you can not use them in semi dark like dawn and dusk not without doing damage to the unit.

so they all have there pros and cons.

but the sniper cam is a self contained unit with no external wires needed it has buttons you can easily access while looking through your scope

for night time shooting you need an ir unit that just either sits on top of the unit or attaches to your scope.

the new inits are powered internally so no need for external batteries.

like i said i am giving you an unbiased opinion.

the best advice which as already beeb given by camo304 is to look for yourself and see what all these products are like.

cheers

Daz

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

IF YOU ARE HAVING TO DO ANY REBIULDING OF THE LENS UNIT THE DOUBLER IS NOT MINE ! The one I supply fits inside the lens hood.

Please get your facts right before commenting I believe the unit you speak of was available form Portugal not the UK.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

IF YOU ARE HAVING TO DO ANY REBIULDING OF THE LENS UNIT THE DOUBLER IS NOT MINE ! The one I supply fits inside the lens hood.

Please get your facts right before commenting I believe the unit you speak of was available form Portugal not the UK.

Bob

yes think your right there Bob

I have had 3 units that lads have nafed up fitting that pinto one

as long as the lads fit the doubuler ring on yours right ,There should be no POI change at all

I never have on my 550 or 750

so they are doing something wrong