only heared of the n550 and 750 if its the same thing i cn give you a honest opinion on the 550 modle there is only a few changes to the n750

I believe I am right in saying the 770 is a follow on from the 750,I don't suppose there will be much difference between the two.

carnt say there would to be honest hears my opinion of the n550 they carnt be much more diferent to the n770 they are a fiderly unit buttons seem to be just out of reach the batteries don't last long at all so you have to buy a battery pack and the inbuilt ir is rubbish so a better ir is needed i got a better one for mine its transformed the unit no end that is the only down side i have with my unit now i have an ir from marky off of the night vision forum its loads better than it was before it was good but then but its even better with this ir so not many down sides at all its an awsome bit of kit and i am sure other uses will say the same.

Personally I wouldn't buy the 770 cause by the time youve upgraded the ir and added a drbobs doubler your too near the price of an archer which will knock spots off the 770 I have a 550 with doubler and nightmaster nm800ir its easily good for fox over 250 yards but I only paid 700 notes for the full kit if I had to pay full whack then I'd get the archer every time.

i have the n 770 for a half year now

i love it !!!

i go out shooting rabbits , hare and fox with it did not made any changes to it !!!

fox = 250 yards minimum !

rabbit and hare = 150 yards !

the n 770 is just the same as the n 750 but the n 770 has a far better IR built in ! so for the little money you spent more on the 770 vs the 750 you get a far far far better IR on the 770

i would not want anything else for night hunting !

money vs quality is is just super !!!

and why would you spent more money if you can shoot rabbit , hare and fox on those distance ?

Thankyou for taking time to reply, a couple more questions if I may, what are they like at close quarters ? Distance sounds like it will reach to my requirements, but rabbits up close ?

Also what is the dr bobs doubler ?

Is there anywhere I can have a real test with one before buying, I don't mean fitted to a rifle, just a proper look

Edited by Rabid

hi mate

dr dobs doubler is a optional lens you can buy

but you have to rebuilt youre pulsar a little to put the lens on , but ....... known problems for zero shifting ! and youre pulsar is out of garanty !

the lens is to give you a bigger magnifacation , but the pulsar ahs a zoom function built in , so that is more than you ever need !

i dont even use the zoom function mate .

stay away from the dr dobs doubler !!!

if you just keep it origional out of the box it is more than you need or then you wil ever shoot !

maby an optional IR but in my opinion you wil not need it .

rabbits up close , hmmm how close do you get on the rabbits ?

closes i come on the rabbits is 20 yards and it is pefect view at that distance , never tryed closer just because i dont need to

testing the pulsar , hmm .... i would say come over and we go out test it , but it is a bit far i gues , i live in belgium mate , ha ha ha

what i can tel you is this , if the pulsar would be no good i would sel it and buy something else , but it is good !

i wend out a good week or two ago on a verry quiit night , no wind , stars in the sky , and i shot 26 rabbits , 5 hare and one fox

fox was minimum 80 yards , clean head shot !

rabbits and hare at 20 - 100 yards ( shooting from a bipod ! ) 28 where clean head shots ! so if that is not good , i dont know what is

hi mate

dr dobs doubler is a optional lens you can buy

but you have to rebuilt youre pulsar a little to put the lens on , but ....... known problems for zero shifting ! and youre pulsar is out of garanty !

the lens is to give you a bigger magnifacation , but the pulsar ahs a zoom function built in , so that is more than you ever need !

i dont even use the zoom function mate .

stay away from the dr dobs doubler !!!

if you just keep it origional out of the box it is more than you need or then you wil ever shoot !

maby an optional IR but in my opinion you wil not need it .

rabbits up close , hmmm how close do you get on the rabbits ?

closes i come on the rabbits is 20 yards and it is pefect view at that distance , never tryed closer just because i dont need to

testing the pulsar , hmm .... i would say come over and we go out test it , but it is a bit far i gues , i live in belgium mate , ha ha ha

what i can tel you is this , if the pulsar would be no good i would sel it and buy something else , but it is good !

i wend out a good week or two ago on a verry quiit night , no wind , stars in the sky , and i shot 26 rabbits , 5 hare and one fox

fox was minimum 80 yards , clean head shot !

rabbits and hare at 20 - 100 yards ( shooting from a bipod ! ) 28 where clean head shots ! so if that is not good , i dont know what is

Which part of the pulsar needs rebuilding to fit the drbobs unit then mine just clipped in no dismantling no fixing nothing and running it on a .223 no zero shift either

Loads better mate didgi can be used in day time too I was out with a Gen 1 the other night and the didgi sight is far superior to it I could hardly see the rabbits with it in all honesty then put my n550 on it was a world of difference you can pick a n550 for around &600 but there awsome mate

hey danw

think i have given him a proper answer !

de dr dobs just does not have the best reputation

i had one , and zero shift was a problem , maby it was just me .

it is good to hear youre dr dobs does just fine .

but do you need it ?

my mate shoots fox up to 200 -250 yards with the pulsar n 770 and a 223 , just with the standard pulsar and the original built in IR

i have shot fox rabbit and hare at a good distance with the standad pulsar

so , do you need the dr bobs ? no you dont !

so this blog is looking for a night vision that does not break the bank , the pulsar does not break the bank

when he has his brand new pulsar N770 does he have to spent another load of cash to shoot fox or rabbit at a good distance ? no !

and yes , he can better ask abbout the dr bobs on the night vision forum uk ,

but just for now i can give him the advice to buy a pulsar and when he feels the need for an extra IR or dr bobs after a while , ok then he wil have some savings again to spent on it .

but i have the pulsar , and do i shoot fox , rabbit and hare a a good distance ? YES I DO

do i use a dr dobs or a extra ir ? NO I DONT

do i feel i have need for an extra ir or a dr dobs in the nex comming years ? no i dont !

Loads better mate didgi can be used in day time too I was out with a Gen 1 the other night and the didgi sight is far superior to it I could hardly see the rabbits with it in all honesty then put my n550 on it was a world of difference you can pick a n550 for around &600 but there awsome mate

I am going tp after reveiw my equipment,too many people lamping and shying things up,I recon the job would be much more discreat with one,but allways been reluctant,as its a lot of money to find you got the combination wrong,