• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks pal... i only make them when i get a chance...   Work...kids...dogs...ferrets......kids...dogs...ferrets..... ...   Which one did you take again? I forget ...

Seen the pics looks really nice

You would be lucky to get 10ftlb with 9mm steel mate, as standard you get around 18ftlb with 12mm lead.

Dont take too long to make bud...

Just finding the time to make them :thumbs: ...

Im.not 100% sure... but i believe double bands are slinging 9mm steel balls at 18+ lb/ft depending on set up..... think it may even be higher :yes: ....

Bigger ammo... is a little slower... but by fcuk... packs more of a punch :yes: ...

You would be lucky to get 10ftlb with 9mm steel mate, as standard you get around 18ftlb with 12mm lead.

• Like 1

Always used 8/9/9.5mm but hit a pigeon with the 12mm and took its head off.... wee bit of skin keeping it attached but thats it :yes: ...

I posted about the same thing happening to me about a week ago on somebodies thread, there was maybe a mm holding its head on, thats why i only use 12mm lead for hunting as anything it hits dies

I dont know mate ive looked at the speed freak competition on the slingshot forum and they aint getting anywhere near that with double theragold and 9 mm steel, ive tried that chrony app awell and haven't had much joy out of it, one shot I got something like 40 ftlb with 12mm lead lol. that result carnt be with 9mm steel weights either 19ftlb maybe a possibility, 36 your taking the piss lol

You need 5 ft.lbs to kill a rabbit. thats with an air gun.. So how much power do you need before its over kill ... :hmm:

Bear in mind though most chrony results are pretty close to the chrony wheras in a hunting setting the ball will lose energy as it goes. Plus there not as accurate as an air rifle so more power allows for that i think, so i dont think you can get overkill with a cattyas long as your wanting a clean kill

You'll never get much over 10 ft lbs with 9.5mm steel. Barnett tubes give you about 6ft lbs and square elastic isn't much better, but I've killed plenty with both. Accuracy is far more important than power. Headshots with 107 bands and marbles have killed loads of birds out to 15 yards for me but they only put out around 8 ft lbs. I hit a squirrel in the head the other week and rolled it over with single 1745's. As I picked it up and walked back to my car, it regained consciousness in my hand and decided that it didn't like me holding it!! It ran off, a little bit unsteady and then climbed a tree! I jumped about like a schoolgirl for a few moments as it squirmed in my hand! I've killed lots of rabbits with 9.5mm steel and Barnett tubes, but with headshots.

Get f****d you. He's not making you one.

You would probably use it the wrong way round and take your eye out :laugh:

Made one couple of weeks ago that happened.....

Use them right and they can be safe....

Use them wrong and it can be a disaster :thumbs: ....

Hope you enjoy it :thumbs: ....

20131006_202139_zpsa1d1aecd.jpg

Really I've not even looked at them at all until Gaz sent me the pic and gave me the figures !!

I'm really interested !

Looks like he puts some time into them !!

I've always used guns !

Bet there handy to drop in your pocket !

Are they hard to use does it take lots of practice ??

get ya self one mate there loads fun.... i take mine out with me every time i go across the fields there always handy to have in your pocket. bit tricky to get the hang of and it hurts like hell when you give your self a hand slap with the bands.come in handy when your next door neighbors cat keeps shitng in your yard to lol edited to say mine was of bpr aswell and they are a work of art.

Hope you enjoy it :thumbs: ....20131006_202139_zpsa1d1aecd.jpg

Really I've not even looked at them at all until Gaz sent me the pic and gave me the figures !!

I'm really interested !

I've always used guns !

get ya self one mate there loads fun.... i take mine out with me every time i go across the fields there always handy to have in your pocket. bit tricky to get the hang of and it hurts like hell when you give your self a hand slap with the bands.come in handy when your next door neighbors cat keeps shitng in your yard to lol edited to say mine was of bpr aswell and they are a work of art.

Thanks pal... i only make them when i get a chance...

Work...kids...dogs...ferrets......kids...dogs...ferrets..... :laugh: ...

Which one did you take again? I forget :thumbs: ...

• Like 2

I'm really interested !

I've always used guns !

was a side shooter mate.....it has a bras pointy type thing in the between the forks ..lol

I'm really interested !

I've always used guns !

was a side shooter mate.....it has a bras pointy type thing in the between the forks ..lol

Brass pointy type thing.... you mean a bullet :laugh: ...