Living In A Field - Permanently

Could you not go 'off grid' and get a wind turbine/solar panels? Tap into the water somewhere, wood burner for warmth....you'd be laughing although yeah like BIGLURKS says, fridge/freezer might take a lot to run :hmm:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did it for 3 years on my own land, I loved every second of it,had a bit of hassle from the council,when they told me my trailer had to be moved I did just that, to the other side of the field ,I the

ya need one of these.. this will get the council's head spinning,,lol......

just move in and if anybody from the council calls just tell them too fook of .useing an irish accent oh and park a transit pickup beside it .

Posted Images

Could you not go 'off grid' and get a wind turbine/solar panels? Tap into the water somewhere, wood burner for warmth....you'd be laughing although yeah like BIGLURKS says, fridge/freezer might take a lot to run :hmm:

how ever did we survive in the past :laugh::laugh:

how ever did we survive in the past :laugh::laugh:

I couldn't survive without THL :whistling:

• Like 1

i know a guy that has lived in an huge tent type thing for 5 years on public land,( hes still there) he keeps the area clean ect...all the dog walkers love him, some of the things he comes out with is nuts, hes made a little drive way out of stones, then another out of cones you.d have to see it to belive it,...... but its something iv been thinking about for years ! so will be watching this thread closly ! ATB mate foxtails !

my brother has been living in a yurt for years on my folks land.its huge inside and got a logburner and electric.its classed as a tent so they can do f**k all about it.they are becoming very popular for people to holiday in.

my brother has been living in a yurt for years on my folks land.its huge inside and got a logburner and electric.its classed as a tent so they can do f**k all about it.they are becoming very popular for people to holiday in.

Yurts are grand things to live in and they've kept the mongolians cozy for a few years now as well :thumbs: .

I am in the process of setting up an eco camp site, wood fired showers, compost toilets etc it seems the hardest thing is to dispose of grey water. Environment Agency has got some strong powers if they catch you out. Youtube search for off grid living brings up a lot of interesting stuff

Once a freezer is down to temperature I can be turned off over night no probs as long as it's no opened

My mechanic has done it, bought a bit of land of the farmer, has built some hard standing, 3 big garages....uses 1 garage for all the machine, lathes, mills etc and the other has the workshop in, lift and tools etc. Third garage, huge door....and he has parked his caravan inside it....got planning to make it into a house and he is taking his time doing it....10 years there so far!! He loves it....its as warm as toast in there during the winter and cos the van cant be seen, he has no hassle from anyone....

I am in the process of setting up an eco camp site, wood fired showers, compost toilets etc it seems the hardest thing is to dispose of grey water. Environment Agency has got some strong powers if they catch you out. Youtube search for off grid living brings up a lot of interesting stuff

Reed bed for the grey water and the agencies don't mind these if done correctly.

Reed bed for the grey water and the agencies don't mind these if done correctly.

That is on the cards but we are very close to, and higher than, a water course and a pond so there is a bit of discussion going on