Living In A Field - Permanently

If you decided to buy a few acres, what would you need to do to be able to live on it 365 days a year? I have researched a tiny bit and on one hand people say a temporary/mobile building doesn't need planning permission but that for some reason you can only spend a few weeks there a year. If I am keeping livestock then that can be reason enough to stay longer, but without getting too complex what would someone realistically have to do in order to stay in a static caravan in a field?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did it for 3 years on my own land, I loved every second of it,had a bit of hassle from the council,when they told me my trailer had to be moved I did just that, to the other side of the field ,I the

ya need one of these.. this will get the council's head spinning,,lol......

just move in and if anybody from the council calls just tell them too fook of .useing an irish accent oh and park a transit pickup beside it .

Posted Images

I know it's a hunting forum but...saw about someone wanting to live in a coach type thing not to long ago. Now living in a field. Just wondering dont any of you lot want massive houses?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-27015183.html

Wouldn't mind waking up there every morning lol. Anyone fancy going to Peru for me n picking up a suitcase?

There are easy swerves to get round it but be prepared to put up with all the council bollox as there having a purge at the moment and don't think because you can't be seen from the road etc your safe I've just been moved through arial pictures so building a roof and sides around it or as paulus said tucked in a barn is the way to go.

Good luck its a great way to live.

I did it for 3 years on my own land, I loved every second of it,had a bit of hassle from the council,when they told me my trailer had to be moved I did just that, to the other side of the field ,I then found out it only had to be moved 6" a year lol, another good way would be in a camper van, I would love to see them stop you driving your camper van onto your own land, when you buy land, part or what you are paying for is enjoyement of that land, always remember that, don't be intimidated by some grey suited jobsworth you can always find a way round things if you have a brain.

• Like 11

You will need at least power and genarators cost a small fourtune too run if on for everything and a source for heat something that can run of gas or a stove maybe transportation if uve got a job a freezer chest size at least and there is a saying

WINTER IS COMING cos it gets f***ing cold living in a caravan

• Like 1