Last Night On New Permission.

great stuff that mate. i am picking a whippet pup on thursday and looking forward to my hunting trips with him. reading your post has just made even more keen.

Cheers mate. They're fantastic wee dogs to watch. Just when you think a rabbit has got away they're right on its arse again. Their take off speed and turning is magic to watch. He's my 1st running dog and to watch them chase a rabbit all over the place, back flip with it in its mouth, retrieve it from 100+ yards away through fences and burns and drop it at you feet still alive is magic. Loved every minute. I'm hoping his stamina will get better now that can work him harder.

I agree. My slate blue whippet bitch is retired now but she did me proud for years. Caught rabbits in every situation, plus feather, retrieved shot pigeons, marked sets when ferreting. Alot of small fields around me and she was brilliant lamping.

`She was very small and had loads of guts, she once riped half her ear off on some wire mid course, gave a yelp but carried on, then caught and retrieved the rabbit!

She was only 18 tts and I think this contributed to making her hard mouthed. If the rabbit was wriggling she had trouble carrying them back. They were always alive but black and blue around the ribs! - Do you find this with yours?

• 4 weeks later...