first morning on the drain

well just got home. cleaned the gun down and fed the dog had a cracking first morning on a fen drain that we shoot. we shoot it every year through the season , well got up at 4 oclock made a cuppa then the phone rang , it was chris, are you up then mate todays the day. well i finished my cuppa got the gun and cartridges and my dog murphy and off we went. when i got there chris was there all kitted up ready to go . so off we went ,it was just breaking light when we got set up . i sat down and waited for about 20 mins then the first 1 came in paddles down wings wifferlin in .chris shouted you take it (BANG BANG) nothing :icon_eek::haha: then i heard a laugh come from chris and said you tosser that was a gift :doh: i know and with that two more was in (BANG BANG ) splash splash then it came, thats how you do it mate :tongue2: right o i said, anyway we ended up with 20 mallard so not a bad start for us and yes my shooting did improve thank god . :thumbs:post-10209-1188641670_thumb.jpgpost-10209-1188641710_thumb.jpg

attachment=20685:duck_shooting_002.jpg]

post-10209-1188641748_thumb.jpg

well done mate a good day i always like to think if we could hit them all it would be boring and no sport so well done two good missis another way of hidding it to your mate and what i do if i miss is say you were just tresting the wind lol works for me cant wait to here more stories first wildfowling season so rareing to go