How Many Of You Lads Feed Your Flight Ponds

Hi

I have three flight ponds and I feed them all with a variety of barley and corn, I use spring feeders and empty a bag or two into the shallows. One of the ponds is all but dried up leaving only a quarter being water and the rest mud, but this hasnt stopped the ducks coming but Iam reluctant to put my dog in it to retreive birds so I havnt shot it yet and am hoping it will fill up a bit later in the season.

Cheers

Joe

• Like 1

been feeding a pond for 2 weeks with wheat.10canadas 1 greylag,9 duck,3 teal took off today as i drove to it.result. but on the day we start shooting u just know there be f...k all on it

Edited by Qbgrey
  • Like 1

We feed barley mainly but clean up wheat from round the grain dryer to through in as well. Had some oats spilled in the field so bagged them up and they seemed to disappear very quick! I heard a story that the Italians through rice in and when it absorbs water it floats to the top and the ducks go quackers for it! The theory sounds ok but who can get their hands on cheap rice!

• Like 1