.22Lr Ammo Amount

The 500 is part of the 600 to hold. It means you can go and buy another 500 when you're down to your last 100, but still only have 600 in total. If you mean 500 to buy and still have 500 indoors, you should ask for 500 to buy and 1000 to hold, but it's probably a bit much for a first application.

Cheers for that lads I had down 500 to buy and 500 to hold would that be ok?

No, that doesn't make sense in the great scheme of things, try 500 buy and 600 hold, that is more sensible. For clarity as above #5, that means 600 TOTAL at any one time, so when you are down to your last 100 you can go and buy another 500 if you want.

You can apply for whatever you think you can justify, you may well be asked why you want the quantity you have asked for so have an answer ready, and 500/600 is a sort of OK quantity for most people, some have more some have less!

The buy 500 hold 600 seems to be a common thread across the various Police forces, mine is the same (Devon & Cornwall),

my mate used to have hold 1,000 buy 500, but at his last renewal it 'defaulted' to the same as me even though he put in for

1,000 on the application, the above are all vermin live quarry shooters.

The only people I know who have more are Target shooters, a work collegue of mine has 2,000 / 2,500 which he says all his

clubmates have as well they because want a big stock from the same batch for consistency.

So maybe that's the key? Anyway a 500 brick at a time suits me fine.

AndyF

The buy 500 hold 600 seems to be a common thread across the various Police forces, mine is the same (Devon & Cornwall),

my mate used to have hold 1,000 buy 500, but at his last renewal it 'defaulted' to the same as me even though he put in for

1,000 on the application, the above are all vermin live quarry shooters.

The only people I know who have more are Target shooters, a work collegue of mine has 2,000 / 2,500 which he says all his

clubmates have as well they because want a big stock from the same batch for consistency.

So maybe that's the key? Anyway a 500 brick at a time suits me fine.

AndyF

As above I was going to add the same, if you are target shooting and are a member of a club you can ask for more, I renewed my fac this year and got 1500 to buy and 2000 to hold, but if its just for vermin control they would be reluctant to grant more than 500 buy 600 hold.

Good Luck.

I will try the 500 buy 600 hold seems like it makes sense. Also I have a 1 gun cabinet but it's shotgun so means taking scope off each time to put it away will this be a problem? It's just something I want to get right because paying 50 notes to then be refused is a lot to loose so any info on application will be greatly appreciated

I will try the 500 buy 600 hold seems like it makes sense. Also I have a 1 gun cabinet but it's shotgun so means taking scope off each time to put it away will this be a problem? It's just something I want to get right because paying 50 notes to then be refused is a lot to loose so any info on application will be greatly appreciated

Any help with my cabinet?

Yeah, get another Cabinet.

First off there are very few 1 gun cabinets and with a FAC you will need to store the ammo separately anyway. Taking a scope off every time you put a gun away is not clever at all, even if you have specific detachable mounts!