The Hare , Your Opinion??

Well we had lads tearing up our fields last night in a Mitsubishi pagerio lamping hares with the dogs so what do you do, shoot the hares so there no more for them to course and ruin fields or let them carry on.

I think a lot of farmers see the hare as a problem in the way of if there hares there's going to be lads coursing which leads to other problems as everyone knows. No hares no coursing no problems.

coursing is done in the daytime with a strict ethical code, please do not fall into the mindset portrayed by the media, lads driving fields can do so with both dogs and guns. these are the people who cause problems for the genuine dog lads and shooters alike. Again this does happen but is also used as another excuse far too often.
Ethnical code? These guys had no ethnics. Just to tear up fields and smash gates. And don't start thinking typical shooter hate dogs as iv ferreted, Lamped and coursed before I started shooting. There maybe two honest in it for the sport lads to every ten lads with dogs who couldn't give a f**k.

What I was trying to say was if there's nothing there to lamp/course then there wouldn't be any lads there.

everybit of land is lamped/course even if you think its not, criminal damage is far different to hopping an hedge now and again, its no different to the lads driving the land with rimmy`s taking deer on the lamp.
So would you go lamping somewhere you knew there was no rabbits/hares/foxes?

Dig a few ditches if your don't want motors on your land.

But to kill off all the wildlife!! Thats crap.....

Your worse than the "eight out of ten dog lads that couldn't give a f**k".

Spend thousands on ditches? Why do farmers want them shot? Because they are a problem if something is causing you a problem you deal with it. The sake of a few hares gone so the fields are okay, you go ask any farmer what he says and let me know

the ones here will tell you to leave them alone as they like to see them about :yes:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have a few acres of our own and moor grazing rights over another 600 acres. We keep sheep, pigs, chickens and a few horses. I also manage the land for a rough shoot and duck shooting. The area has

I have a farm near me that is stuffed with them, I have not shot a hare for years (just a personal choice, I have no problem with anyone who shoots them) to me its a quarry for a hawk or a dog,and a w

And it's my opinion that should be everywhere!

Posted Images

Well we had lads tearing up our fields last night in a Mitsubishi pagerio lamping hares with the dogs so what do you do, shoot the hares so there no more for them to course and ruin fields or let them carry on.

I think a lot of farmers see the hare as a problem in the way of if there hares there's going to be lads coursing which leads to other problems as everyone knows. No hares no coursing no problems.

coursing is done in the daytime with a strict ethical code, please do not fall into the mindset portrayed by the media, lads driving fields can do so with both dogs and guns. these are the people who cause problems for the genuine dog lads and shooters alike. Again this does happen but is also used as another excuse far too often.
Ethnical code? These guys had no ethnics. Just to tear up fields and smash gates. And don't start thinking typical shooter hate dogs as iv ferreted, Lamped and coursed before I started shooting. There maybe two honest in it for the sport lads to every ten lads with dogs who couldn't give a f**k.

What I was trying to say was if there's nothing there to lamp/course then there wouldn't be any lads there.

everybit of land is lamped/course even if you think its not, criminal damage is far different to hopping an hedge now and again, its no different to the lads driving the land with rimmy`s taking deer on the lamp.

Spend thousands on ditches? Why do farmers want them shot? Because they are a problem if something is causing you a problem you deal with it. The sake of a few hares gone so the fields are okay, you go ask any farmer what he says and let me know

the ones here will tell you to leave them alone as they like to see them about :yes:

Forgot this was the farming forum.

well its not an exterminate the hare just because its the easiest option forum thats for sure. no true countryman would want a barren countryside just to sleep easy

well its not an exterminate the hare just because its the easiest option forum thats for sure. no true countryman would want a barren countryside just to sleep easy

Would you sleep easy knowing there's poachers out in the fields when you house is the only one in back lane? The countryside wouldn't be barren with the hare out the picture

You obviously live in a village/town.

Would you sleep easy knowing there's poachers out in the fields when you house is the only one in back lane? The countryside wouldn't be barren with the hare out the picture

Ohhh behave some of us are employed to stop those poachers and have to challenge them on a regular basis and since I get to wear big boy pants I get to do that all on my own.would shooting my hares stop them coming would it f**k.

Ohhh behave some of us are employed to stop those poachers and have to challenge them on a regular basis and since I get to wear big boy pants I get to do that all on my own.would shooting my hares stop them coming would it f**k.

Think if you read my first comment on the thread I have permissions where the farmers don't want them shooting but I'm talking from personal experience and if it ment the poachers realised there wasn't much there and went elsewhere id take that.

Thing is it doesn't work if there's no hares they want to run the deer, rabbits etc I've keepered where there where no hares that made no difference to them they just ran other game so where do you stop? Kill everything and hope they won't come cause that don't work either they don't know the game has gone till they come and look

coursing is done in the daytime with a strict ethical code, please do not fall into the mindset portrayed by the media, lads driving fields can do so with both dogs and guns. these are the people who cause problems for the genuine dog lads and shooters alike. Again this does happen but is also used as another excuse far too often.o

Go on then ask me!

If you're being strong-armed into controlling hares could you argue that you don't have the relevant game license?

Might be worth a shot if you are disinclined to tackle Lepus, on moral grounds.

EDIT: I agree with a closed season on them.

Edited by ChrisJones

Thing is it doesn't work if there's no hares they want to run the deer, rabbits etc I've keepered where there where no hares that made no difference to them they just ran other game so where do you stop? Kill everything and hope they won't come cause that don't work either they don't know the game has gone till they come and look

We don't have rabbits on the land, no foxes or badgers and few deer but the hares are main target for poachers. The syndicate recently put down birds so if they see lads coursing hares they will want it sorted. Before the birds take off scared. Plus the syndicate don't shoot hare due to safety issues so have no interest in them. If they did the hares would be managed.

If you're being strong-armed into controlling hares could you argue that you don't have the relevant game license?

Might be worth a shot if you are disinclined to tackle Lepus, on moral grounds.

EDIT: I agree with a closed season on them.

Game licences haven't been available in England since they where discontinued in 2007.