The Hare , Your Opinion??

Game licences haven't been available in England since they where discontinued in 2007.

Shit, I didn't know that! Never had call for one to be honest. You learn something new every day! :D

Then I guess your f****d if you don't want to control them... :hmm:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have a few acres of our own and moor grazing rights over another 600 acres. We keep sheep, pigs, chickens and a few horses. I also manage the land for a rough shoot and duck shooting. The area has

I have a farm near me that is stuffed with them, I have not shot a hare for years (just a personal choice, I have no problem with anyone who shoots them) to me its a quarry for a hawk or a dog,and a w

And it's my opinion that should be everywhere!

Posted Images

Game licences haven't been available in England since they where discontinued in 2007.

Shit, I didn't know that! Never had call for one to be honest. You learn something new every day! :D

Then I guess your f****d if you don't want to control them... :hmm:

Not sure about scotland though think you still might have to get one up there

It's an open forum trench foot please share

We have a few acres of our own and moor grazing rights over another 600 acres. We keep sheep, pigs, chickens and a few horses. I also manage the land for a rough shoot and duck shooting. The area has no shortage of critters that could be classed as "fair game" for lurcher lads, hares been reasonably plentiful. They may attract attention from lurcher lads, but I would not shoot them, nor do any of the other land owners around here shoot them with a view to reducing the attention of the lurcher lads.

I keep a few lurchers myself, and am more than aware of the practices involved, good and bad. The practice you describe of driving the land, without permission and negligence in mind is abhorrent to me, my other farming colleagues and most lurcher folk that I would have any time for. The "vermin" that need shooting are the ones that have no respect for their quarry, the land that they are on and the shit they leave behind. That applies to twats with dogs and twats with guns

• Like 7

Our land/girlfriends family has 200arce around our house and more in various places. We often get lads lamping it. Fair enough iv poached before, never been caught because we never left a trace. No gates left open no livestock bothered and clever lamping around buildings/houses but these guys took the piss. If it was to become a regular thing I would go out shot the lot if it ment they got the idea there was none on the land for the sake of the damage to crops. Obviously no one wants to kill everything but I was making the point if that was what was needed for them to get the idea after the 1st or 2nd time they wouldn't bother coming back.

Our land/girlfriends family has 200arce around our house and more in various places. We often get lads lamping it. Fair enough iv poached before, never been caught because we never left a trace. No gates left open no livestock bothered and clever lamping around buildings/houses but these guys took the piss. If it was to become a regular thing I would go out shot the lot if it ment they got the idea there was none on the land for the sake of the damage to crops. Obviously no one wants to kill everything but I was making the point if that was what was needed for them to get the idea after the 1st or 2nd time they wouldn't bother coming back.

Plywood bridges.they get the message

Once you create a void, something will fill it. If the environment will support a notable number of hares, and you clear them out off your permission, others will be pressured in. Your land owners need to get some balls, the only time hares should be hammered is when they start to be easy to catch by dogs (daytime)

If somebody rapes your daughter, who do you shoot first? Your daughter?!

• Like 2

Once you create a void, something will fill it. If the environment will support a notable number of hares, and you clear them out off your permission, others will be pressured in. Your land owners need to get some balls, the only time hares should be hammered is when they start to be easy to catch by dogs (daytime)

He chased them in the at for around 5miles before they thought they could pull in a village and turn the lights off, the police had been told and caught up with them in the village taking names, reg etc

Does he grow massive balls stop them pull them out the car and do them over meaning the farm is attacked in the following week?

He chased them in the at for around 5miles before they thought they could pull in a village and turn the lights off, the police had been told and caught up with them in the village taking names, reg etc

Does he grow massive balls stop them pull them out the car and do them over meaning the farm is attacked in the following week?

these lads know where is hot, the message soon gets about amongst them

Fair play, but I stand by my veiw that clearing off the hares is not the answer. they will only find something else to run

Your not wrong there. ;)

Your not wrong there. ;)

I am a dog lad and shoot but I only run foxes and the odd bambi if food is in need and if I can't road side the gingers and they are few fields over al enter the field and stick to the tractor tracks and always close gates behind me but as for chasing people ah never take chase rather pull over and see what is what then if they say move on a will do but if thy had any intention of getting upset and violent al not think twice about having a scrap weather it's just me who gets out the motor take me for a dick then yas can but ah only treat people the way they treat me if they polite am polite etc yas know the score but all dog lads do things different however there is arse holes out there what do rip across fields and go threw gates fences etc and back to lil numbers of hare awould never kill for the sake of it what ever ah shoot goes in freezer and like a say a only run gingers and odd bambi and a fink av only ever shot 4 hare in me life and that's only cause the farmer asked of it and they went to the farmer but the hares are very short on my land as some other lads have the rights to it aswell and god nose what thy'll be shooting as we don't speak Atb tse