The Hare , Your Opinion??

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have a few acres of our own and moor grazing rights over another 600 acres. We keep sheep, pigs, chickens and a few horses. I also manage the land for a rough shoot and duck shooting. The area has

I have a farm near me that is stuffed with them, I have not shot a hare for years (just a personal choice, I have no problem with anyone who shoots them) to me its a quarry for a hawk or a dog,and a w

And it's my opinion that should be everywhere!

Posted Images

Well we had lads tearing up our fields last night in a Mitsubishi pagerio lamping hares with the dogs so what do you do, shoot the hares so there no more for them to course and ruin fields or let them carry on.

I think a lot of farmers see the hare as a problem in the way of if there hares there's going to be lads coursing which leads to other problems as everyone knows. No hares no coursing no problems.

Well we had lads tearing up our fields last night in a Mitsubishi pagerio lamping hares with the dogs so what do you do, shoot the hares so there no more for them to course and ruin fields or let them carry on.

I think a lot of farmers see the hare as a problem in the way of if there hares there's going to be lads coursing which leads to other problems as everyone knows. No hares no coursing no problems.

coursing is done in the daytime with a strict ethical code, please do not fall into the mindset portrayed by the media, lads driving fields can do so with both dogs and guns. these are the people who cause problems for the genuine dog lads and shooters alike. Again this does happen but is also used as another excuse far too often.

Is an airgun powerful enough to kill a hare? Even if you are using the right holdover/windage etc? :laugh:

in the left eye at 37.223456yrds, wind 0.335467mph, humidity 64,8888%, earth rotation :thumbs: ffs its died of old age :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You know what I've been doing wrong. I haven't factored in the humidity and at 450 yards with an air rifle, it makes a difference. :laugh:

• Like 1

Is an airgun powerful enough to kill a hare? Even if you are using the right holdover/windage etc? :laugh:

in the left eye at 37.223456yrds, wind 0.335467mph, humidity 64,8888%, earth rotation :thumbs: ffs its died of old age :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

Should be able to 'like' mods posts

since the ban estates dont need em for coursing meets. and this is the outcome driven shoots,The anti's didn't think of that did they. im all for the shooting lads and if they pay for a days shooting fair play.but to see hares in them numbers killed in one day is sad,a gun dont know the diffrence between a good strong breeding hare and a weak old one.

post-12158-0-80244100-1379747838.jpg

:laugh:

Should be able to 'like' mods posts

it just proves how opinions can be influenced :laugh:

since the ban estates dont need em for coursing meets. and this is the outcome driven shoots,The anti's didn't think of that did they. im all for the shooting lads and if they pay for a days shooting fair play.but to see hares in them numbers killed in one day is sad,a gun dont know the diffrence between a good strong breeding hare and a weak old one.

if they can be used for the benefit of the countryside and sustainable numbers maintained to ensure future income then i see no problem in it, the same as pheasant,partridge and ducks. its the mindless slaughter i dislike, yes i am biased towards dogs but i am not blind to the countryside and its management.