I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............

it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough for the condition of a dog................plenty ribs ,..chicken carcass......horse meat,......beef.....etc

no need to spend silly in my honest opionion..........if your feeding barf aswell............too many got more money than sense........think of the old times ,........they never had all this and that,...............nothing gets wasted here ,............scraps are eaten by the dogs and plenty meat about........

Good post,it defies the point of keeping a lurcher paying £50 for a bag of biscuit,it doesn't cost much at all,just a little time and effort to keep a dog in tip top condition and for me part of the enjoyment of keeping dogs :thumbs:
I don't understand "it defies the point of keeping a lurcher".

Surely we all work our dogs for the enjoyment of working our dogs? Not for the free meals like in days gone by?

The catch is just a bonus? No?

One accident and a trip to the vets could cost more than a years worth of rabbits and make the whole season pointless from a financial point of view.

Anyone who spends 55 bar for a badg of biscuit is a nob

Well I'm glad we have cleared that up :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............ it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough f

Top and bottom of it is that there's a massive difference between filling a dog and feeding a dog....any dozy prick can fill a dog....

If its expensive it must be better then.   Nah a load of bollox !!

Posted Images

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............

it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough for the condition of a dog................plenty ribs ,..chicken carcass......horse meat,......beef.....etc

no need to spend silly in my honest opionion..........if your feeding barf aswell............too many got more money than sense........think of the old times ,........they never had all this and that,...............nothing gets wasted here ,............scraps are eaten by the dogs and plenty meat about........

Good post,it defies the point of keeping a lurcher paying £50 for a bag of biscuit,it doesn't cost much at all,just a little time and effort to keep a dog in tip top condition and for me part of the enjoyment of keeping dogs :thumbs:

I don't understand "it defies the point of keeping a lurcher".

Surely we all work our dogs for the enjoyment of working our dogs? Not for the free meals like in days gone by?

The catch is just a bonus? No?

One accident and a trip to the vets could cost more than a years worth of rabbits and make the whole season pointless from a financial point of view.

Anyone who spends 55 bar for a badg of biscuit is a nob

60 squid actually !!, Top knob me lol

Any ting cheap and cheerful, along with BARF(still got a cheat freezer full of game ;)) . Although always give a good quality dry for the pups and I am using Gain puppy and sapling at the mo. Seems good ingredients, chicken meal being the first.

Edited by leegreen

No I didn't say/mean that mate, It's just I hear people saying they've seen something in the ingredients list and don't like it so f**k it off when for all they know that food could be spot on for their dog!! I will try anything, Gain didnt work for my lurcher bitch, she held no weight and had constant flaky skin so changed to red mills and she's sound, where as my bro in laws bitch cant hold weight on redmills but is sound on gain. Every dog is different!!

I'll soon be feeding raw again too as well as the dry.

tried loads one of my mutts is a fussy so n so, settled on iams but supplement it with chicken, lamb, beef scraps and fish (most we catch cod mackeral trout and some from tins), like has been said collie x's seem to have a different metabolism from more highly bred sighthoundy types imo, rather than cut her rations or the quality of them i simply give her more exercise or work and she seems to do well enough on it

I'm feeding Gain record breaker, first ingredient, chicken, second ingredient chicken meal. It's expensive at thirty euro but at least it's not 55 so I'm not a nob. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I only feed a very small amount to keep them used to it in case I can't get meat. Most weeks I'm buying 10 kilo of chicken legs and 10 kilo of necks or whatever else I can get cheap, like beef hearts, kidneys etc.

I also mix in leftover veg and scraps.

I feed a bit of fish too and rabbits of course.

If your going to feed much dry food I'd say look for one based on meat rather than soya and avoid any with lots of dyes and preservatives.

The only knob is the one that does not consider the contents of it dogs feed. Spend £100 pound a bag of kibble, or source the best ingredients you can for your budget. Be honest with yourself and how your mutt performs and it's condition. Add in your personal circumstances. Good canine nutrition, done