dogs bodies need certain things to function, protein,fat, certain vitamins and minerals, along with a few other things. dogs can survive and flourish on a lot less food than you think, get yourself to your local hunt kennel and see how and how much they eat and how good they look on it, we have become obsessed with what we feed our dogs. mainly by being brainwashed by manufacturers and experts, if the dog is healthy then to be honest it will perform on any food that meets its basic requirements, dogs evolved to eat meat, if you can feed a synthetic that is comparable but easier to obtain then so be it.

very true mate same with anything popular once there is a market for something it explodes,you only have to look around at the likes of these guys who dont work or smack heads there out all day walking with there dogs and feed them shit food yet these dogs are in the best shape ive ever seen on some.its all about getting the dog out end of the day there skavengers and will do ok on anything

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............ it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough f

Top and bottom of it is that there's a massive difference between filling a dog and feeding a dog....any dozy prick can fill a dog....

If its expensive it must be better then.   Nah a load of bollox !!

Posted Images

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............

it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough for the condition of a dog................plenty ribs ,..chicken carcass......horse meat,......beef.....etc

no need to spend silly in my honest opionion..........if your feeding barf aswell............too many got more money than sense........think of the old times ,........they never had all this and that,...............nothing gets wasted here ,............scraps are eaten by the dogs and plenty meat about........

Good post,it defies the point of keeping a lurcher paying £50 for a bag of biscuit,it doesn't cost much at all,just a little time and effort to keep a dog in tip top condition and for me part of the enjoyment of keeping dogs :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've been feeding "a dry complete" with raw meat, tripe, bones, offal, eggs, veg, pasta, table scraps etc. The dry being probably 20%-30% of the total.

I have swapped and changed the drys around a fair bit and not noticed much difference wether £10 a sack or £40 a sack.

The Markus muhele I was feeding alone as an only food and it was noticeable how good the dogs looked and performed compared to other cheaper drys.

Maybe now I'm feeding such a small percentage of dry I could miss it out completely and it make no odds. I don't know?

It makes me feel better though and it's handy if I forget to defrost something.

I've heard good things about that "taste of the wild". Alot of good lads rating it highly.

Might give it a bash. £55 a sack round here but a sack lasts me probably 3 months with feeding predominantly raw so the cost isn't that important.

Atb. Gaz.

• Like 1

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............

it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough for the condition of a dog................plenty ribs ,..chicken carcass......horse meat,......beef.....etc

no need to spend silly in my honest opionion..........if your feeding barf aswell............too many got more money than sense........think of the old times ,........they never had all this and that,...............nothing gets wasted here ,............scraps are eaten by the dogs and plenty meat about........

Good post,it defies the point of keeping a lurcher paying £50 for a bag of biscuit,it doesn't cost much at all,just a little time and effort to keep a dog in tip top condition and for me part of the enjoyment of keeping dogs :thumbs:

I don't understand "it defies the point of keeping a lurcher".

Surely we all work our dogs for the enjoyment of working our dogs? Not for the free meals like in days gone by?

The catch is just a bonus? No?

One accident and a trip to the vets could cost more than a years worth of rabbits and make the whole season pointless from a financial point of view.

Surely we all work our dogs for the enjoyment of working our dogs? Not for the free meals like in days gone by?

One accident and a trip to the vets could cost more than a years worth of rabbits and make the whole season pointless from a financial point of view.

Anyone who spends 55 bar for a badg of biscuit is a nob

• Like 1

Anyone who spends 55 bar for a badg of biscuit is a nob

:thumbs:

I have fed allsorts of dry over the years...

Ones the dogs seemed to do alright with were Syneds Gold , Skinners & Redmills..

I have just gone onto Gain28 and Gain puppy & sapling..

Ones I never really liked were Alpha Racer - Dr Johns - Wagg..

Dogs either were shitting all-over or would not eat it at all :laugh:

My lass feds our pug Science plan, but for big lurchers it would go no where..

If its for your pup, I have used Beta puppy before and Pets at home own brand of puppy food.. Both done he trick :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

dogs bodies need certain things to function, protein,fat, certain vitamins and minerals, along with a few other things. dogs can survive and flourish on a lot less food than you think, get yourself to your local hunt kennel and see how and how much they eat and how good they look on it, we have become obsessed with what we feed our dogs. mainly by being brainwashed by manufacturers and experts, if the dog is healthy then to be honest it will perform on any food that meets its basic requirements, dogs evolved to eat meat, if you can feed a synthetic that is comparable but easier to obtain then so be it.

that,s it plain and simple