Even some of the more 'expensive' stuff - IAMS for example - contains things like 'beet pulp' which where I come from we feed to sheep and cattle....great for fattening my pigs mixed with bruised barley and a cheap filler for 'dog' food..... :yes:

Beet pulp...wtf....ain't dog food no matter how you look at it.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............ it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough f

Top and bottom of it is that there's a massive difference between filling a dog and feeding a dog....any dozy prick can fill a dog....

If its expensive it must be better then.   Nah a load of bollox !!

Posted Images

Ive got mine on gain record breaker its really good stuff the young pups on gain puppy and sapling

with a handful of record breaker, I never thought there was much difference between the record

breaker and 28 but the condition of the dogs says different

had my running dogs on Markus Muelle for last two and half years. they performed well and look in good nick. Just changed it to Orijen as they started refusing to eat it. no idea why and left them nowt else and only picked at it when starving. They would eat the chudley working crunch that the collie and collie cur are on out of season (as they went as fat as fook on the MM. Its too much for that type of dog unless they are getting a lot of work)

had my running dogs on Markus Muelle for last two and half years. they performed well and look in good nick. Just changed it to Orijen as they started refusing to eat it. no idea why and left them nowt else and only picked at it when starving. They would eat the chudley working crunch that the collie and collie cur are on out of season (as they went as fat as fook on the MM. Its too much for that type of dog unless they are getting a lot of work)

collie blooded dogs seem to hold condition well iv found where some breeds need that bit extra to hold weight when grafting regular ?
  • Like 1

collie blooded dogs seem to hold condition well iv found where some breeds need that bit extra to hold weight when grafting regular ?

never seen a whippet graph,......they just shake the condition off....... :laugh:

dogs bodies need certain things to function, protein,fat, certain vitamins and minerals, along with a few other things. dogs can survive and flourish on a lot less food than you think, get yourself to your local hunt kennel and see how and how much they eat and how good they look on it, we have become obsessed with what we feed our dogs. mainly by being brainwashed by manufacturers and experts, if the dog is healthy then to be honest it will perform on any food that meets its basic requirements, dogs evolved to eat meat, if you can feed a synthetic that is comparable but easier to obtain then so be it.